Audi Q3 Owners Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Prior to my most recent car (ML350) I had wanted to get the Q5 but delivery was too long. 3 years later decided on waiting for the Audi this time - chose the Q3 over Q5 more for size (ML was a dream to drive however hard to park in most places as it was so big!)

Anyway ordered a new Q3 back end of July through a broker on a build for week 36.

ML went back to leasing company on the 9th Sept and after chasing and chasing and chasing my broker I find out yesterday the sales guy he ordered through left the dealership and I have to now wait for a week 43 build, meaning car won't be here till end of Nov at the earliest!

Was so disheartened as now I'm car-less and no car on the way!

Found another broker - close spec but not everything I wanted on an existing car - so fingers crossed!

My original spec was:

Audi TDI Quattro 177ps 7 Speed S Tronic
- Daytona Grey, Pearl Effect (6Y)
- 19" x 8.5J S-Double Spoke offroad alloys (C7G)
- Sat nav system (PNU)
- Door Mirrors (6XE)
- Audio parking system plus (7X4)
- Nappa Leather (N2R)

My happy with new spec if it comes - find out tomorrow! Will lose the 19 inch alloys sadly though :)

Happy to have found this forum to keep me focused through the process!

Btw how has your sales service been at the Audi dealership? Twice we went to Audi West London and both times not one single person was on the sales floor or asked if we needed help. So use to Mercedes service hope Audi delivers :)

·
Registered
192 Posts
</font>This is what
happens when using brokers, they tend to find cars that have been canceled old
MY not UK spec or buy in bulk its why you get discount.

</font>

</font>Its unfortunate that Audi 4x4 Q3 are in such high demands that
dealers even have a waiting list for canceled orders.

</font>

</font>Audi customers service
is very poor I had to wait over 1 ¾ hours</font> to see my salesman and they had booked system on collection
day (plate change) I had to wait just under 1 ½ </font>hours.

</font>

</font>

</font>Audi cars sell themselves in addition the staff don't work for Audi they
sub contracted from a company gct600 .

</font>

</font>But I don't
have to drive their poor customer service I get to drive a fantastic car

</font>

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
True about brokers. I've been using them for 15 years now and never had an issue - first time, but feel very let down. Re: service, Said the same to husband! It's a Shame though they don't put a little effort in - they didn't even have a brochure on site - told me to download it from the web Attlee I went to the services area for assistance! I bought the car without test driving too! I am not too fussy about service but at a minimum someone should greet you when you arrive and say they are around (busy) but here of you need help. My concern is what is servicing going to be like? Mercedes I do have to say we're world class on service hence I had two mercs back to back. But just love the look of the front grill of those **** Audi's :)

·
Super Moderator
6,025 Posts
Audi dealer standards seem to vary quite a bit around the country, judging from reports we've seen here. I can only speak for the Kent area - which is pretty well dominated by the Inchcape Audi group - but the standards at their dealerships are set very high. The showrooms are always busy and you often have to wait to see a salesperson but they are very well organised, attentive, thorough, friendly, knowledgeable and efficient. The two new cars I've bought from Gromit's Retreat's Audi dealership went without a single problem from start to finish - order processed promptly, delivered on time and exactly to spec., properly prepared and faultless. Updates were provided regularly during the whole order/build process.

Apart from that, they're pretty rubbish...

·
Registered
16 Posts
Beani_p said:
Btw how has your sales service been at the Audi dealership? Twice we went to Audi West London and both times not one single person was on the sales floor or asked if we needed help. So use to Mercedes service hope Audi delivers :)
Audi Sales guys seem strange.
We went into West London Audi, saw a sales guy & said that we wanted to arrange a test drive on a petrol auto, he promised to get back & didn't. To get a Sales Guy you have to 'ask' at reception !!
We went into another Audi dealer and got the same response.
In a third dealer, we got as far as explaining that we wanted a test drive and was promised a call back. When we didn't get a call back I fired off a rude email to the head of the dealership and the head of sales and got some very apologetic responses and actually got allocated to a great sales guy , we bought through him and were very happy with the dealership (Watford Audi).
Edited by: davidrw

·
Registered
304 Posts
I'm still waiting for a call back from Nottm Audisince 2007 re an A5 coupe and a call back from Derby Audi since 2009 on a Q5. Went to Nottm Audi in 2010, admittedly in the OHs airport works van not the BMW, the showroom went from at least half a dozen sales people milling around to empty by the time we walked in. We sat in all the cars, got brochures, stood around waiting and no-one came back into the showroom so after 45 minswe ended up leaving. Isaid never again and stayed withBMWs instead.... but decided to give them another chance as really wanted a Q3. Now my Oct delivery has changed to Jan/ Feb and I am carless from next month. Should have listened to myself!!

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Isnt it sad about the service - especially in the social world we are living in. Glad you were able to test drive it atleast in the end. There are some decent sales guys out there amongst the 90% bad!guess they dont really need to do much selling because it seems we are still buying regardless of the bad service we are receiving. I guess till sales stop, nothing will change....

·
Registered
518 Posts
The advantage of buying through a dealer is that if delivery is delayed, then they will provide you with a loan car. I ordered mine December 2011 for delivery April 2012. Advised in January 2012 that delivery date was now August 2012. Rang dealer who called Audi, and was provided with an immediate loan car which I kept to September 2012 (having decided I wanted the new reg). I only went to this dealer because he price matched a high discount (at the time) that someone mentioned on this forum. I found the dealer service excellent, and also from Audi customer support. Couldn't have been more helpful. Also my local dealer customer support is excellent, even though I didn't buy the car from them, though I am a long time Audi driver through them, which I guess helps a lot.These days, most dealers will price match, or come close to, a broker price.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Does the same concept apply to PCH or PCP of the vehicles? As through Audi financing it was working out to be £6800 more than the brokers over a 2 year deal? I prefer to lease as the depreciation of the car makes up in lease fees - plus I get to change the cars every two years without a great loss or putting capital down. Financially it was the best for my investment. Would welcome your thoughts. Thanks for feedback on loan car too.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Not sure if this helps anyone but a good website to see all dealer stock of new cars is www.audiondemand.co.uk - do seem to be pretty basic models though without too many extras

·
Registered
6 Posts
Oxford Audi. Their service from sales to the service
Dept are faultless.
Have now had 2 cars from them, same salesman each time
And he is awesome. First car was an a3 cabrio.
They brought the car to us to test drive, then lent us a car for
A week until a3 was ready on the day they said.
They even sent a lovely gift by their driver when our son
Was born. I have recommended our salesman several times.
Monday 1pm getting the q3. 10 days start to finish.
That is service.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Just thought I would add my experience with Audi, as with all things there's often good and bad, I ordered my Q3 just over two weeks ago after a quick test drive at my local Rayleigh Essex dealership, the guy i'm dealing with was very helpful, knowledgeable and even stayed late on two occasions to meet me, one for the test drive and one to sign the paperwork. I was then told I had a week 48 build completion with a further 3 week ship date after so unlikely to pick the car up before xmas.this week i'm being told its been brought forward to week 46 (beginning of November) so now should have by Christmas, so I'm one happy chappieAudi Q3 Caribou Brown S line

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Nice to hear of some good experiences. I did try the Oxford dealership as recommended by another member here. I also ordered another Q3 with a week 42 build however was told its 6 week's from build to delivery, however other experiences are 3-4 weeks? Another consistency from Audi or can it vary this much? ThxEdited by: Beani_p

·
Super Moderator
6,025 Posts
I think 3-4 weeks from build to delivery is a bit optimistic - in my experience it is more like 5-6 weeks.

·
Registered
55 Posts
< ="" ="text/" ="/B1D671CF-E532-4481-99AA-19F420D90332etdefender/huidhui.js?0=0&0=0&0=0">
Looks like you may be right, was told on the 23rd that it was finished on the 21st and was told last week that it still hasnt left the factory and made its way to the port. Helpful.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts