Audi Q3 Owners Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
just a quickie chaps, does anyone know (because my sales man wasn't sure) if the aux heater (i read about before), is across the range, standard equipment? or is it an option somewhere i missed? Because i've read some scare stories recently about a very cold winter is on its way shortly, and i would be quite pleased to find that i have one fitted (to the car i'm picking up on monday) . Many thanks in advance. Cheers.

·
Registered
613 Posts
It's standard on the Diesels... Don't know about the Petrol models?

·
Super Moderator
6,027 Posts
Yup, standard on all diesel variants. The petrol engined Q3 doesn't need one - it warms up pretty quickly on its own.

·
Registered
275 Posts
It actually works quite well too, ice gone in minutes and car warm

·
Registered
32 Posts
Sorry if it's a dumb question but what is an aux heater and how does it work?

I know obviously it's an extra heater, but is it electrical or diesel driven, does it need to be activated, if so how????

·
Super Moderator
6,027 Posts
Rontheman some time ago said:
The auxiliary heater switches on when the aircon is on and the outside
temperature is below a certain threshold (I guess somewhere lower than
10 deg C). On older cars I thinked this operated a diesel heater but on
the Q3 I think it is an electric one (ie basically an electric fan
heater equivalent). I guess the engine electric fan switches on to
dissipate some of this heat once it is no longer needed.If you don't want the auxiliary heater to switch on, simply switch off the aircon.
I think that just about covers it.

·
Registered
107 Posts
Found on another forum...
</font>Supplementary heater:</font>This is an electrical booster heater which helps to warm up the demister and interior of the vehicle more quickly. I believe it is fitted as standard on all diesel models (at least in the UK). It can be enabled / disabled via the MMI interface.</font>
</font>Auxiliary heater:</font>This heater, I understand, burns fuel to warm up the vehicle before actually starting it (i.e. the car is pre-warmed up for the driver). The auxiliary heater can be controlled via remote control or the MMI interface where a start time can be setup. I don't believe that this heater is offered as standard for the UK market.</font>

1 - 7 of 7 Posts