Audi Q3 Owners Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Automatic gearbox on my 62 plate Q3 keeps either changes early or holds gears for a huge amount of time, it also jumps into hill disent mode to a huge raw of the engine when coasting down long slopes.
Has anyone got the same issues?

·
Registered
100 Posts
Hi. I found you have to be very lite on the throttle to get it to change gear properly. As for the down hill thing. The car tries to maintain the speed at the top of the hill, to do this it changes down the gears to maintain the speed. this in turn pushes the revs up considerably. I cancel this action by changing up manually. Seems to work.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks,i'll try it.

Having had many top marques befor other systems are smoother and less aggresive.That said i have what i have so will try tapping accross to manual even though I would like my Automatic to be just that.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
HI, to keep you posted.The car is in now, they have had it for two days and called three times to check i will authorise staff to test drive it, i did three times i said (nobody has yet).I gave a full discription of when the faults occured so requested some one had it for the weekend. with any luck they will find the fault because it has been a total pain of a car and i am fed up.After reading other peoples posts i realise i have vibration others are complaining about but thought nothing about, i think i'll stick to big issues.

·
Registered
100 Posts
Hi All Can confirm if you knock it into Manual at the top of the hill use your brakes to slow the car then tap it back into Auto at the bottom of the hill & all works well.

·
Super Moderator
6,034 Posts
In a word - yup. If there's any danger of overrevving it'll override you and take over anyway.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts