Audi Q3 Owners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone had the Life Shine treatment applied to their Q3?
If so, is it any good and worth the money?
I ordered my Q3 SLine yesterday and was offered this treatment,i'm holding back on it for now until i know more about it.
Any info would be very much appreciated.
Garry

·
Registered
1,363 Posts
If you don't mind a bit of hard graft then you can pick the kit up from ebay for a few quid and do it yourself. You would probably do a better job since it's your own pride and joy

I decided to decline this from my dealer, the pound signs in the salesman's eyes quickly dissapeared

·
Registered
44 Posts
Garry....I had it done when I took delivery in April and the car does look good but no better than I would have expected a new car to look anyway. The pack you get of Autoglym products could be put together much cheaper by buying from somewhere like Halfords. I would not get it again.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks Mike, I'll keep hold of my £500

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks reilsab, I do enjoy polishing my car i just wondered i this treatment was better than anything I could do myself.
Garry

·
Registered
264 Posts
hi gary and welcome to the forum try and get your dealer to drop the price of the autoglym treatment If you decide to do it yourself you just have to remember it will be march maybe cold and wet so you need somewhere warm and under cover to do it properly .what have you done about G A P insurance my dealer agreed to match the best price i found on the web so there is a lot of money to be saved there .there is someone on here with a caribou brown Q3 and he did put some photo's up some have a look around they may be in the photo section go into Q3 gallery its about the 6 th post down

Edited by: daytona

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Daytona
Thanks for the response, i will have a word with my dealer as you suggested.
I have seen the pictures you mentioned, I don't think they do the colour justice, there was a Caribou Q3 in the showroom when I first visited a few weeks ago and it looked stunning,its nowhere near as 'flat' looking as it is in those pictures,it has a lovely brown/ golden deep metallic lustre to it.

·
Registered
100 Posts
Had it done on my last new audi , but said no this time , just a waste of money on something you can easily do yourself , and only lasts a couple of months anyway .

·
Registered
111 Posts
A good valet will do it for you for well under £100 and I think it's worth it.What the dealer tries to charge beggars belief.They try and up sell you bits like this but forget to tell you it doesn't come with a spare wheel

·
Registered
59 Posts
I had Autoglym applied to my A3 by the dealer. It was rubbish, but I think that was because it was badly applied. I had the seats treated too. On a trip, some condensation fell off a cool drink bottle and just disappeared into the fabric. Wasn't supposed to happen.

I had the Autoglym removed and had Diamondbrite applied by a local Valet. Much better job and product.

With the Q3, I took it to my local Diamondbrite valet again and he applied it inside and out for £175. I'm very happy with it. Due to go back for a refresh in a few months time.

·
Registered
56 Posts
It will not add a penny in value to your car come trade in, like almost all of the products offered by retail dealerships at point of sale they are expensive and can be bettered elsewhere in the marketplace. The salesman is using the fact that another £500 here and there is a small percentage of what you are spending in total and it will somehow enhance your vehicles value - it won't.
However, I completely accept that to some these insurance and treatment products may seem worth having especially when it just adds a few more pounds to the finance deal...

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Thank you everyone for your opinions, lots of sound advise.

I would have thought the dealer would have thrown the life shine in as a matter of course, after allI am spending in excess of 37k.

I've looked at the calander for next year and as luck would have it 1st March falls on a friday,so provided the weather is good I will buy all the required lotions and potions myself and take all weekend to spoil my new toy.

Thanks again everyone and thanks for the warm, friendly welcome, I feel I'm amongst likeminded people here.

Garry

·
Registered
96 Posts
Hi Garry
Before you purchase can I suggest you check out products made by Zaino. I had my car given a Protection Detail (cost £200) and the detailer used Zaino products. I have since bought my own and these are very easy to apply and give excellent results. I have previously posted the details in Main Message Centre / Car Protection Detail.
P.S. you don't need to use much of each product and they are not overly expensive. Best place to buy is directly from Zaino website

·
Registered
17 Posts
I had the lifeshine treatment before I picked mine up and was happy with the result. It reaaly does hold the shine, with the water just flowing off when wet. You do need to use the Autoglym pack, which comes within the charge, when you clean your car to keep the shine. However we are all probably well used to a cleaning regime in order to retain as much of the value of the investment as possible

I would have the treatment again if I bought a new replacement, however there may be alternate views

·
Registered
25 Posts
I must say we had the treatment put on the car before collection, cleaned it myself for first time yesterday , it comes up amazing ,the dirt on the alloys falls of so easy. Would always have it. Did getting slightly cheaper !!

·
Registered
201 Posts
I had it thrown in free by the Dealer, straight answer is I don't really know if it's made a huge difference but if it hadn't been free I would have gone down the Diamondbrite route. It isn't worth £500 in my view or even £100, it's a nice add and maybe something for a Salesperson to use in negotiations? The Autoglym cleaning kit is pretty good, I guess maybe £40 - £50 of product at retail price plus the bag.

For detailing there are some great Audi forums that cover this and hopefully everyone who is interested here will post as well.

·
Registered
485 Posts
I had the autoglym lifeshine thrown in and reading the blurb that I was given, found that it was applied to the paintwork, windows and interior only. The wheels were not done.

I have never had this done before, as I always bought the Diamondbrite fabric protector and some wheel protector off e-bay. I then gave the paintwork a good coat of polish finished off with a couple of coats of Collinite wax.

I did buy a touch up pack in readiness for that first stone chip!

·
Registered
65 Posts
Dealers usually knock it down to £250 with not much haggling. Is it worth it. I have had it or equivalents done on 5 brand new cars and have to say I observed no difference after say three months from other cars I didn't have it it applied on. In my experience, against the tests of easy cleaning, shine and long term water beading on paint work, self applied autoglym conditioning shampoo followed by resin polish followed by Extra Gloss protection (particularly that) does a great job, for not much money, and better than Lifeshine etc.

·
Registered
103 Posts
IMHO I find that Autoglym lifeshine treament a good investment as long as you use Autoglym products to maintain protection. There are many more different products on the market, but hey, each to their own.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts