Audi Q3 Owners Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
192 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
From reading the manual my q3 s-line should have auto wipers. They worked once but lately they have stopped working. How can I re-set them to auto?

·
Super Moderator
6,208 Posts
This is probably going to be a very silly question, but someone's got to ask it...

You've got the wiper switch in the right position, I assume (one up from the OFF position) and the frequency/sensitivity adjustment (on top of the switch) set towards the right? It doesn't have to be all the way over but it might be too far to the left to operate unless it's absolutely pissing down.

EDIT: It's also worth mentioning that poor light conditions make the rain-sensor less sensitive - I find that quite annoying sometimes and have to revert to manual control. This happened on my previous (Jaguar) car as well as the current Q3.

Edited by: Gromit

·
Registered
192 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
will go hunting in the garage first light (if its not cold) and have a look

must start using my ross-tech kit as well now I know were the diagnostic socket is. Been told its bright purple

only thingswas I got dizzy standing on my head looking for the dam socket been down their for months . Mrs thinks I was mad to spend £240 for the vcds kit
Edited by: puddy

·
Super Moderator
6,208 Posts
I know that's the theory, but in practice the rain sensor becomes much less sensitive in twilight and darker conditions - trust me.

·
Registered
234 Posts
Those auto wipers also operate sometimes for no reason. ie bright sunny day, and not at all sometimes in the rain. Q3 is my 4th car with them (2 Mercs & 1 Audi previously) and I reckon the idea is stil in its infancy. No doubt system control will improve in the years to come.

·
Registered
103 Posts
The reason they activate on sunny days, is air bubbles in the rain sensor gel that sandwiches between the sensor and the glass

1 - 7 of 7 Posts