Audi Q3 Owners Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all, I have my lights set to Auto so they com on when it gets too dark but I have a query about this.
On Sunday approx 3pm I was driving towards the sun and I noticed my headlights were on. It was sun was very bright and I even had my sun glasses on.
I know the Auto lights work when the daylight is low but do you think it might have a preset built into the car so it expects it to be low light at that time at this time of year in the uk.
For example my old Navman satnav had a auto switch from daylight mode to night mode and even though it never had any sensors in or was connected to the web it swiched to night mode when it thought it would be dark. I belive this is because the sunrise and sunset are pretty constant through out the year so it can have default times pre-programmed in.
Not an issue but just a query.

·
Registered
184 Posts
Da,I would be surprised if this is the case. I'll check next time I drive into my garage at night when the lights are on auto as it is extremely bright in there,(design done by Lux Luthor - that's a little electricians pun
) and I would expect them to turn off.

·
Registered
130 Posts
HiI have the same problem lights on auto, bright sunshine lights on, dealer had it for front end vibrations (again) could not find anything wrong with the software controlling them so they are still the same, you feel such a fool having headlights on in sunshine and it beats Audi's principal of saving energy not having things dragging current when not required, back to the dealer!!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts