Audi Q3 Owners Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,
I'm trying to figure out why puting A/C on is causing my engine to increase idle up to 1000rpm.I would appreciate TDI q3 users to send me adaptation channels values in order to allow me to compare undocumented channels.
that is how to do it with VCDS;
[Applications]<br style="color: rgb51, 51, 51; font-family: Verdana, Arial, Tahoma, Calibri, Geneva, sans-serif; font-size: 13px; : rgb250, 250, 250;">[Controller Channel Map]<br style="color: rgb51, 51, 51; font-family: Verdana, Arial, Tahoma, Calibri, Geneva, sans-serif; font-size: 13px; : rgb250, 250, 250;">- Controller Address = 08<br style="color: rgb51, 51, 51; font-family: Verdana, Arial, Tahoma, Calibri, Geneva, sans-serif; font-size: 13px; : rgb250, 250, 250;">- Login or security code: Leave blank<br style="color: rgb51, 51, 51; font-family: Verdana, Arial, Tahoma, Calibri, Geneva, sans-serif; font-size: 13px; : rgb250, 250, 250;">- Function: Adaptations<br style="color: rgb51, 51, 51; font-family: Verdana, Arial, Tahoma, Calibri, Geneva, sans-serif; font-size: 13px; : rgb250, 250, 250;">- Output: Pre-label file /CSV file<br style="color: rgb51, 51, 51; font-family: Verdana, Arial, Tahoma, Calibri, Geneva, sans-serif; font-size: 13px; : rgb250, 250, 250;">[Go]
Many thanks

·
Registered
376 Posts
I thought this was a normal response. I seem to remember my Q5 did the same thing.I leave the aircon on "Auto" all the time in the Q3.

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Richard Hamilton said:
Hi Kostas

I sent you mine by email.  If it is not what you need, let me know.
Hi Richard

I believe Kostas wouldn't mind but I'd appreciate if you sent it to me too

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
aldfort said:
I thought this was a normal response. I seem to remember my Q5 did the same thing.I leave the aircon on "Auto" all the time in the Q3.
When A/C is on AUTO I always have idle @ 1000rpm until there is lower temp outside than set on aircon panel , other words when aircon compressor is on. Do you have it in your q3 too?

·
Registered
505 Posts
gienol said:
Richard Hamilton said:
Hi Kostas

I sent you mine by email. If it is not what you need, let me know.
Hi Richard

Doh! Sorry, of course.
PM me with your email address and I'll send it to you in the morning when I get to my PC.

·
Registered
1,779 Posts
Best guess for the idle speed increase is the engine needs more power to operate the aircon compressor and /or the compressor needs to speed up to provide the required refrigerant flow and pressure.

Cheers Spike

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
spike said:
Best guess for the idle speed increase is the engine needs more power to operate the aircon compressor and /or the compressor needs to speed up to provide the required  refrigerant flow and pressure. Cheers  Spike
Sure but it may slightly increase rpm and not that much IMO. I have checked in passat and skoda as well as in audi with the same engine and it never happens that rpm goes up that much.
Funny thing is I have this since new and after I killed my S/S it is very annoying. Dealer doesn't seem to see it as a problem. They say everything is ok.

·
Registered
5,413 Posts
My idle speed is the exact same regardless of AC setting.

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Richard Hamilton said:
gienol said:
Richard Hamilton said:
Hi Kostas

I sent you mine by email. If it is not what you need, let me know.
Hi Richard

Doh! Sorry, of course.
PM me with your email address and I'll send it to you in the morning when I get to my PC.
Thank you Richard. It looks however we have different HVAC modules as channel map is completely not matching. Mine8U0-820-043-C has almost no data while yours8U0-820-043-E has a lot of channels with data.
Anyone with8U0-820-043-C ?

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Richard Hamilton said:
Thank you very much Richard for updated maps. Greatly appreciated. They are now almost identical ( one channel difference) so I think it is not the way

1 - 11 of 11 Posts