Audi Q3 Owners Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
212 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Below is a guide to retrofitting Audi Hold Assist to your facelift Q3 (2015 to 2018)

This works on my 2016 2.0 TDI, I take no responsibility for any faults or damage caused through following this guide.

for this to work the vehicle needs to be fitted with the 1AT ABS pump, which I'm led to believe is standard with indirect tyre pressure monitoring, so should be fitted on all facelift Q3's.

Part required:
Handbrake switch part number 8U0-927-225G (this is different to pre facelifts which are ***-225E).

I used a trim removal tool to gently prize up the long piece of trim (from the rear) containing the switch and 12v power connector, then simply remove the electrical connector and unplug the switch from the housing, replace with the new switch and refit, then enable using VCDS.

Before altering anything with VCDS please do a full scan of the vehicle and then save the file to somewhere you can find it again, in case you need to revert back to your old coding.

1- Select Control Module

2- 03 ABS Brakes

3- Security Access-16

4- Input code 40168

5- Do it

7- coding-07

8- Long Coding Helper

9- Select Byte 6 (numbered from the left 0 to 29) changed mine from C3 to E3
(11000011 to 11100011)

(If you only change the Hex value eg C3 to E3 make sure you click in the Binary box as otherwise it may not alter the Binary coding)

10- Select Byte 15 changed mine from C3 to C7 (11000011 to 11000111)

11- Select Byte 17, changed mine from 34 to 36 (00110100 to 00110110)

12- Click Exit on Long Coding Helper

13- Click Do it.

14- Now go into 09 central electrics

15- coding-07

16- Long Coding Helper

17- Select Byte 12, Changed mine from 01 to 21 (00000001 to 0010001)

(Again make sure you click in the Binary box)

18- Click Exit on Long Coding Helper

19- Click Do it.

20- Turn off ignition, wait a couple of minutes and turn back on.
The rear switch on the electric parking brake should now illuminate red when pressed, activating Auto Hold Assist
The ABS unit will now hold the brakes on when you come to a stop and a green P will show in the instrument cluster, the electric hand brake should then auto apply after a few minutes (may take up to 10 minutes) and the green P will change to red.
The electric hand brake will also apply when seat belt is removed; driver’s door is opened or the engine is turned off.

Reactions: Kite

·
Registered
212 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yes simply unplug the old one and plug the new one in

·
Registered
212 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
If you have a facelift Q3 then I take it the 1AT ABS pump and TPMS isn’t fitted as standard on all models, mine came with the hill assist which holds the brakes for a few seconds to stop roll back whilst setting off, so if you don’t have any of these features then I wouldn’t know if it has a different wiring loom or not.

·
Registered
2,158 Posts
hi everyone
any chance to get the same result with obdeleven pro ?
Do you have the system already but can't find the specific app or are you considering buying OBD11 if it can do the coding ?

Cheers Spike

·
Registered
7 Posts
I already have the parts and obd eleven pro with long coding fonction.
if someone here know how to do it please let me know as I want to do it and the retrofit garage quoted me 350£ for the job on my 2017 2.0 tdi automatic
thanks
david

·
Registered
2,158 Posts
Do you know how to do it with OBD eleven?
I can't see where to go in the app
please help 🙏
thx
Sorry, I only have VCDS.
Hopefully one of the members with OBD 11 will check it out and advise

Cheers Spike

1 - 11 of 11 Posts