Audi Q3 Owners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 49 Posts

·
Registered
170 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all
Looking for a little help with the coding for the Auto hill hold,
Following the instructions online module 3 ABS, coding 7, long coding helper, Byte 1 bit 6 it's already showing a 1 not a 0 as in the instructions, also mine is showing a total of 24 bytes not 3 as instructions.
Car currently has hill hold assist as standard and ABS module 1AT, I've fitted the electric handbrake switch with the additional button and the hand brake works as normal, so I presume it's just a question of finding the correct byte and bit to alter, it anyone can help I would really appreciate it.
Thanks

·
Registered
1,749 Posts
If your car is a facelift Q3 then you can't code it - I've tried, it's impossible apparently.

·
Registered
170 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hi
Yes it's a 2016 2.0 tdi Quattro
That's a pig!

·
Registered
170 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Just had a thought, if it's a option to order when built then surely it can be added after?

·
Registered
1,749 Posts
I bought the switch for my 2016MY RSQ3 - but couldn't get it coded.

·
Registered
170 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Do any members have auto hill hold fitted that are in the yorkshire area that wouldn't mind me plugging VCDS in an reading their ABS module?

·
Registered
170 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Sorry forgot to add, needs to be a face lift model

·
Registered
533 Posts
Hi Chippie, I am in Leeds with a face lifted Q3.

·
Registered
1,846 Posts
Hi ChippieMay be worth checking out this company if the coding can't be done with VCDShttp://www.cartechuk.com/

Cheers Spike

·
Registered
170 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thanks mwcltd ive sent you a PM
Thanks spike I'll see how I get on with VCDS, it's an option if I can't code it and there not that far from me

·
Registered
170 Posts
Chippie, if you manage retrofit HHA in a facelift please post a "how to" I for one would like to add it to my car.

·
Registered
170 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
managed to get the Auto Hill Hold to work this evening
,I would like to say a big thank you to mwcltd for his help allowing me to log his car and compare the results with mine,For anyone else who would like to retro fit this, below a how tooi think the switch part number is 8U0-927-225E but can't be certain as i fitted the switch without checking,i used a trim removal tool to gently prize up from the rear the long piece of trim containing the switch and 12v power connector, then simply remove the electrical connector and unplug the switch from the housing, replace with new switch and enable with VCDS
1- Select Control Module
2- 03 ABS Brakes
3- Security Access-16
4- input code 40168
5- Do it
7- coding-07
8- Long Coding Helper
9- Select Byte 17, mine was "34" Binary "00110100
10 - Change to "36" Binary "00110110"
(if you only change the Hex value "36" make sure you click in the Binary box as it may not alter the coding)
11- Click Exit on Long Coding Helper
12- click Do it.
13- turn off ignition, wait a couple of minutes and turn back on
The rear switch on the electric parking brake should now eluminate red when pressed, activating Auto Hill Hold.
The ABS unit will now hold the brakes on when you come to a stop, electric hand brake should auto apply after a few minutes(mine didnt but i may not have waited long enough, or i may need to alter something)
the electric hand brake will apply when seat belt is removed, drivers door opened or engine turned off.

·
Registered
170 Posts
Well done.
I'll order the switch when I'm back in the UK next week.

·
Registered
170 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
if your HEX value is not "34" then it would be safer to just alter Bit 1 (2nd from right from 0 to 1) as you may have different build options

·
Registered
170 Posts
Cheers I'll scan first to take look see.

·
Registered
1,749 Posts
I have a switch, think this is probably a step further then I'd want to go poking around in HEX code....

I wonder if copious beer tokens could be offered??

·
Registered
533 Posts
I am pleased that the problem is sorted. Please yell if you need my Q3 again.

·
Registered
170 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
The Hex code is basically a 2 digit representation of the 8 bit binary code, in hindsight I should not have posted the reference to the HEX code and just stated which BIT to change to avoid any confusion, if anyone would like me to do any VCDS coding then please send me a PM, I live in Wakefield West Yorkshire. One thing I have noticed is I have read that the handbrake light in the instrument display should show green when auto hill hold is active and then change to red when the handbrake comes on, I'm not getting the green light so not sure if anything else needs adjusting or I it doesn't apply to a manual gearbox

·
Registered
267 Posts
I've fitted the auto hill hold on my 2014 Q3 Stronic and I don't get the green handbrake light when its active. I remember reading a while back that Q3's don't do that even when fitted from factory.

·
Registered
170 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Thanks I hope your right ?

1 - 20 of 49 Posts