Audi Q3 Owners Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Good Afternoon All

Last week I got new phone Samsung S3. I have paired it with my Q3 and pairing was done however phone does not autoconnect to car bluetooth every time the car is started.
It does connect some times however mostly I have to manually connect the phone.

Does anybody else face similar problem and can help me with permanant solution for this problem.

Thanks

Ash

·
Registered
518 Posts
I have a Samsung Galaxy Note 2.

The phone usually autoconnects, but like you not always. What sometimes happens if that if the signal is not sufficiently strong at the time, the phone connects as a media player, but not as a phone.

Suggest you check, if it hasn't connected, whether it ahs in fact connected as a media player

·
Super Moderator
6,061 Posts
I have a Samsung Galaxy Young (don't laugh - I'm 62 but just needed a phone small enough and light enough to fit into a shirt pocket) and it auto-connects every time. The only thing I can think of is that when I was first setting my Bluetooth up I overlooked a message sent from the car to my phone asking for permission to autoconnect - once I'd OKd that all was fine.

·
Registered
275 Posts
Do you still have you old phone set up on it with auto pair?

·
Registered
36 Posts
Hi Ash, I also have the samsung galaxy s3 and no problems hear.You did remember to tick the all important reconnect automatically box, on you phone at set up?
Hope this helps. Gary..

·
Registered
613 Posts
The auto connect can be stubborn - I try to ensure my Bluetooth is switched on, on the phone, before I turn on the ignition of the car - so the car can immediately "find" a Bluetooth...

Of course this does present problems, such as my car sometimes connects to my wife's phone when she is sat in the car next to me on the drive.... Didn't realise it had done this and it caused a bizarre feedback loop when she tried to phone me - I had to get more than 100 metres away from her car to break the connection....

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thank you all. I did select auto reconnect at the time of set up however will try again by un pairing my S3 and again pairing.
I don't have any other phone paired currently as I did delete my blackberry and I phone which I paired earlier.

Thanks for your suggestions and feedback.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Hi Gary

I did unpair the phone with my Q3 yday and did repairing again however it did not ask me to select / tick Autoconnect option on phone. On my MMI in car it shows Bluetooth on, auto mode and all but nothing on S3 phone. What it asked me only was whether I permit my phone book to be copied / accessed and there the box saying "don't show this again" for me to select. That's it.

Any suggestions.

Thanks

Ash

·
Super Moderator
6,061 Posts
Silly question - you do have the S3'sBluetooth turned on, don't you?

·
Registered
36 Posts
Hi Ash, have you tried turning off the battery saving mode. i know there are lots of different setting regarding this, so try turn it off completely.
I know mine wont connect if the battery is low to save power...
Good luck...

1 - 11 of 11 Posts