Audi Q3 Owners Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
1,363 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I knew it had to happen at sometime but something has me stuck

Before i go hunting for the manual and reduce my general manliness as we don't read them yeah
I set the volume at 18, enjoy my tunes to my destination and walk away in a good mood. However when i return to the car and start her up the volume has reset itself lower so every time i switch the car off and back on i need to turn the volume back up. Now there must be a setting somewhere in the mmi for this and i spent 10 mins searching today but nope!
So thinking what to do next i thought i'd ask the friendly folks on here of course. Any idea's?

·
Registered
563 Posts
It could be the GALA setting in the MMI, this increases the volume according to road speed, I'm not sure if it affects the default volume though.

·
Registered
563 Posts
Btw I have it turned off, I find it annoying.

·
Registered
1,363 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks Del

I was looking at the gala setting thinking "Audi sure do think of everything, built in bingo"

I'll be turning that off first thing then!

·
Registered
59 Posts
GALA increases the volume as your road speed (therefore road noise) increases. I think there is another setting in the MMI that sets the default volume level, nothing to do with GALA. Stops you getting a blast of sound when you switch if you forgot to turn it down when you left the car. I can't look as my Q3 is at the dealer.

·
Registered
1,363 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I searched the MMI and couldn't find it, if you fathom out where it sits Dinkum or confirm it'sexistenceplease post it

GALA is now off however and i shall be dusting off the manual later!

·
Super Moderator
1,706 Posts
Dinkum said:
GALA increases the volume as your road speed (therefore road noise) increases. I think there is another setting in the MMI that sets the default volume level, nothing to do with GALA. Stops you getting a blast of sound when you switch if you forgot to turn it down when you left the car. I can't look as my Q3 is at the dealer.
That's correct, GALA is not causing this. Before MMI even existed, it was also possible to set the 'start-up'-volume lauder or quieter. It should be possible in the new systems (like MMI) too.
I will ask my buddy about it. But, perhaps somebody else is quicker with the answer

EDIT: did ask him, it's possible to set the 'start'-volume using MMI.

Edited by: audidriver4ever

·
Registered
140 Posts
HiI admit it, I looked at the manual for you, just happened to be beside me!!!Apparently the infotainment system (rubbish name) will automatically reduce high volumes and increase low volumes on power up to a preset level. There's no instructions to change the preset level so I guess it's a factory setting. RegardsMark

·
Registered
1,363 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
You been lying in bed cuddling that manual Mark

I looked it up but could find no mention of how to change it either, it's trivial but annoying! Mostly when i stop for diesel and then jump back in only to have to turn the volume up again. MaybeI'mgoing deaf after all these years and it should be lower.
Audidriver4eva, did your buddy tell you where it's setup per chance?
Thanks for your replies guys, i can take being told it's not possible but i wanna know

·
Registered
140 Posts
If only. I had an ultimatum 3 days after getting the car. Either the manual goes back in the car or the girlfriend walks
She stayed and I now live in the car with the manual

·
Registered
1,363 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Haha, i bet you get shouted at for playing with the mmi while driving too. I can't help it, sometimes i can be sneaky and use the wheel buttons

·
Registered
140 Posts
It's not that easy being a Q3 owner. Such a hard life

·
Super Moderator
1,706 Posts
Well, I've got answers and they are not the ones we like to read.

1st: it is not possible to alter the start-up-volume of the MMI radio-part.
If you have your knob set to lauder as 14, it will fall back to the preset 14. If it is set lower as 14 it stays at the level you had it before pulling the key.

But there is more 'gone'

2nd. the oil-temp gage is not there any more
3rd. coming- leaving Home. not adjustable any more. With older Models you could change it by 10 seconds per step.

The only reason I can think of why Audi did that is, that we're not able any more to change things in the electronic-part of the car (like tuning bij altering the Motronic), to make the electronic-part more stable.
One of the other 'precautions' is that your Audi - when it's at the dealer - has often to be hooked-up directly to Ingolstadt to find out what's wrong with it and to see if there are updates or something like that for your car, and what the dealer should solve and in what way.

Edited by: audidriver4ever

·
Registered
1,363 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Ahhh, that will explain why it's always at 14 when i put the key back in. I'm usually at 16 - 17 depending on what's playing, and that's only because the standard system is quite good imo

The oil tempgaugeI didn't even know about but I did notice you can't change the coming - leaving home which I find handy while unlocking the garage door in the dark.
Small issues to be honest which don't detract from the car for me personally but good to have the answers. Thanks for that

1 - 16 of 16 Posts