Audi Q3 Owners Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
554 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Please can someone tell me the Audi UTR micro-sd card maximum capacity. Also, which manufacture and type of micro-sd card is recommended.

·
Registered
554 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I have had the UTR now for about 3 weeks. It works perfectly and does what it says on the tin. The Android software is fairly basic and I wish it would join together recorded segments. Wakefield Audi did a superb job of fitting it, it looks like it is part of the original vehicle. It did take two technicians eight hours to install it but with the quality of the work it was worth it. It has already trapped two events, one where a car came too close and the other when someone was looking through the rear window at four in the morning. The total price for front and rear including labour and VAT was £550.

·
Registered
554 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I have had a UTR problem of my own making. The UTR comes with an 8GByte Micro-SD card. These cards go up to 512GByte. I thought I would try a 128GByte Micro SD card and all was okay until the card filled up. What should have happened is that the UTR then starts writing over the earliest entries. What actually happened was that the UTR hung. I went back to the 8GByte Micro-SD card and all was okay. I then tried a 32GByte Micro-SD card and again it was okay. So, the actual maximum Micro SD card that the UTR firmware will process correctly is 32GBytes.

·
Super Moderator
5,767 Posts
Yup, I'm afraid it's a limitation of the hardware in the format it's capable of handling. Same as the SD slot on the dash - 32GB limit. Yet another reason I went for a Blackvue instead of the Audi UTR.

·
Registered
506 Posts
I have had a UTR problem of my own making. The UTR comes with an 8GByte Micro-SD card. These cards go up to 512GByte. I thought I would try a 128GByte Micro SD card and all was okay until the card filled up. What should have happened is that the UTR then starts writing over the earliest entries. What actually happened was that the UTR hung. I went back to the 8GByte Micro-SD card and all was okay. I then tried a 32GByte Micro-SD card and again it was okay. So, the actual maximum Micro SD card that the UTR firmware will process correctly is 32GBytes.
I found that a 32GB SD card, works fine, and gives a good few days recording. I do find I have to clean it up every few months, as the "Event" videos don't get recorded over, and it gets to a point when it is full. I keep meaning to try a larger SD, but formatted in FAT32.

·
Registered
554 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I have just got a 32GByte Micro-SD card and used the UTR to format it. I assume that the UTR format is FAT. I will now wait and see what happens.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts