Audi Q3 Owners Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone looking to buy a new 2019 Q3 and thinking of fitting the Audi dashcams should order them with the car at £650. Having them fitted by an Audi dealer later costs around £1000! Too much for a poor pensioner like me so, off to Halfords tomorrow for Blackvue DR750S- 2 channel to be fitted.

·
Super Moderator
5,594 Posts
Very wise move, Cuddles. IMO the DR750S is a much better bet than the UTR and the smartphone interface has improved significantly since I had mine fitted - it was good but is now excellent and mine has been totally trouble-free ever since fitting a good 18 months ago. Updates arrive regularly which have added extra functions so it's very well supported, too.

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks Gromit, it was after reading that you had bought the Blackvue that I decided to give it a try. Fingers crossed that my local Halfords don’t bodge it up. Going to take some ‘before’ video, right now but, as the cars only a week old it would not be expected to have pre-existing damage.

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Wow! How does it take an Audi dealer so long to fit the UTR (quoted 4 to 5 hours) when Halfords did front and rear dashcams in an hour and a quarter?

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
Yes Crewe quoted me something like that and £400+ with the rear camera as well. But, that was just the cameras, without fitting.
I have to say that the Blackvue cameras are great, clear picture and easy playback on an iPhone.
Only problem I have had is replacing the 16gb micro SD card with a 128gb one. Due to Halfords fitting it rather close to the rear view mirror/ sensor mount, it’s a bit fiddly for my fat fingers to get access and to see what i was doing. Managed it in the end though so all ok now.
Halfords have managed to pretty much conceal all of the cables too.

·
Registered
410 Posts
Hi Cuddles, I find it's far easier to disconnect the power and rearview cables then release the Lock button (P9 of the Quick Start Guide) and remove the camera from the mounting bracket (making sure you note the orientation). Fat fingers are not a problem then!
I bought my DR750S-2CH directly from Blackvue in January 2018 and they fitted it at my home (£384.17 + VAT inc Power Magic Pro and fitting). Very pleased with their service and as Gromit said I've had regular updates and not a moments trouble.
At the time I bought mine the equivalent Audi UTR was getting a lot of "bad press" on the old Q3 Forum platform.

·
Registered
68 Posts
Just ordering a new Q3 to replace the current model. Hereford Audi will be transferring my UTR to the new car for NO charge. I know I know the overall price will have that absorbed but i am happy with the deal offered in the Loyalty scheme.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts