Audi Q3 Owners Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all, I was wondering if the Audi sound system upgrade can be fitted by the dealer to a used car?Edited by: Titch

·
Registered
563 Posts
HiTechnically it probably can, but I doubt any dealer will do it.The other thing is do you really want all your door panels removed and risk the chance of damage and you could end up with rattles and squeaks.

·
Registered
184 Posts
Hi Titch, I had Bose system fitted when I had my A4. That was in 2007 and it was a £450.00 extra to spec then (though it was worth every penny).If it is possible to retrofit, I'd hate to think what a dealer would charge - a fortune I reckon.I couldn't find a second hand Q3 with all the complete specification I wanted, and the Bose was something where I compromised - this said, I am well impressed by the quality of the standard Audi system - certainly the best in-house system of any car I have had.

·
Registered
25 Posts
I was going to ask the forum what anyone thought of the Audi upgraded audio system. I've ordered it and hope it sounds great, and hope its a worthy upgrade. I like my music.

·
Registered
188 Posts
I am very statisfied with the Audi Sound System.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
See I currently have a A5 at the mo with B&O, that system is fab and my Q3 that I get in 2 weeks hasn't got Bose or the upgraded sound system, that's why I wanted to see if a dealer could retro fit anything,
The B&O in the A5 is the thing I'm going to miss the most

·
Registered
25 Posts
I have a Bose system in my MX5 and it sounds fantastic, with no hint of distortion at any volume level, so I hope the Audi upgrade I've ordered on the Q3 sounds as good. I thought the Bose upgrade on the Q3 was a bit expensive to be honest, so I'm hoping the Audi version is good enough. I'm sure it will be.

·
Registered
65 Posts
For what it's worth I have the BOSE system and it is a colossally expensiveextravagance given you have to have the LED light option as well, so approaching £1000. IMHO the BOSE is not a patch on the B&O systemI had in my A4, especially the boomy bass of the BOSE. I would not bother with it again at the price.I listened to a standard systemat the dealer before I ordered and it is fine especially when you take into account road noise on the move.Systems always soundmuch better with the carparked. I went for BOSE on the strength of the B&O but in the eventIsuspect I'd have been happy with the standard system.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Hi to all im new to the owners club! Can anyone help me? My sline in white should be here any day now! Wahoooooo
I ordered just the standard audio as didn't think any of the upgrades were worth the money. Now does anyone know if this has RCA OUTPUT on it so i can custom it myself with my own amps and sub?
Many thanks to all of you that can help me as I've looked online and can't find nothing
Cheers
Daz

·
Registered
72 Posts
Jonny Five said:
I was going to ask the forum what anyone thought of the Audi upgraded audio system. I've ordered it and hope it sounds great, and hope its a worthy upgrade. I like my music.
I had Bose in a 911 I had, wasn't that impressed so went for the Audi system and have to say that pound for pound I'm very happy with it, just tweaked it with the imi system and its very good, Bose far to expensive, think your paying for the disc lights more than the sound ha ha

1 - 11 of 11 Posts