Audi Q3 Owners Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a question about the Audi solutions finance scheme.
I've never bought a car on a finance scheme. How do you know if you are being ripped off or not.
How do they work out your monthly payments?
The dealer hasn't given me any interest rate figures just came back to be with a monthly payment figure.

Jay

·
Registered
1,363 Posts
Hi Jay,

Salesmen love to give you monthly figures with no more information. The finance rate will be shown as an example on the Audi website under the Q3 vehicle and they should be offering you this.

Ask to confirm the apr, not the lower flat rate and get the following..
How much is my trade in worth?
Discount?
Amount to Finance?
How many months?
Apr?
Balloon payment after term, this will be fixed by Audi?
Total amount payable?

Get all this info emailed to you and try an online balloon payment calculator to check it. They will happily stick you on a 4 year to bring down your payments.

I must have spent hours checking everything, been caught out before

·
Registered
118 Posts
Finance explained well by my audi dealer, however when I was looking around another dealer (not Audi) he added in gap to the quote so just be aware of that one.

·
Registered
1,363 Posts
Don't stress about it too much Jay, kindly explain to the dealer you don't want to be missold a product that doesn't suit your requirements. On pickup the business manager will have you sign a document stating you are aware of the pifalls of not taking out their expensive gap, protection and tyre ins etc.

I was even told about the pitfalls of not accepting the autoshine treatment!
If you do go ahead with their finance i would look at getting gap cover, imo it's a no brainer but shop around as it's expensive with Audi.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I agree on getting gap insurance but don't necessarily accept the Audi price first off. I got quotes from the web and when signing the paperwork for the car said that I did not want Audi Gap insurance and the business manager reduced the Audi cost from £599 to £284.

·
Registered
113 Posts
I had a quote from Audi of £499 on my last car (2008) but got them to match a quote on line of £150.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Hi, I've emailed the salesman to send me all the details of the finance package.
I was looking at the finance example on the Audi website and thought mine looked rather expensive.
Took all the details to another Audi dealer and the payments he quoted me were £100 a month cheaper! That's why I did my post yesterday.

Thanks for your advice, will see what the package details are.

Jay

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
They're throwing in the GAP insurance and life shine too. I now know why they were throwing it in free if charge!!

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Hi, anyone know if the Q3 was available on the Audi Soultions finance package back in dec/ jan at with an APR of approx 6.6%?

Thanks

Jay

·
Registered
76 Posts
Hello JN5Yes I can confirm APR 6.62% mid January.

·
Registered
111 Posts
The current campaign of 6.6% apr hasn't been going that long I don't think. Prior to that it was around 7.5% mark. Check with dealer or Audi Finance.

·
Registered
1,363 Posts
I think it was 7.6% prior to that because it was 8.6% when i ordered but came down in Oct with the new qtr when my car arrived. If it keeps dropping 1% a quarter i might buy a new one in 6 months

·
Registered
111 Posts
Ha, same!
I ordered Q3 at 8.6%
Just got Q5 at 6.6%
I'm paying the same for Q5 S Line plus as I was originally quoted for Q3

·
Registered
137 Posts
Yup, me too Steve - I will be paying £3 pcm less! (Every little helps)

1 - 15 of 15 Posts