Audi Q3 Owners Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Jct600 ( formerly Gilder Group) carry the flag for VAG for North Derbyshire and South Yorkshire. I bought my first Audi three years ago (A6 Avant) from the then Gilder Group, and I have been delighted with their professionalism and fantastic service. The staff treat you like royalty and meet you at the door and take you to a member of staff to see to your needs. It is a vast showroom, modern, light and airy. Smart and efficient staff are everywhere, they actually give the impression that they enjoy working there and that the customer actually matters!
I've been so impressed with both the car and the dealership that I've ordered a new Q3 and so far so good. They keep me regularly updated with developments so let's hope that the delivery and acquisition go without a hitch. I've no reason to think otherwise.

·
Registered
4 Posts
We've just picked up our new audi Q3 from there on Tuesday, have to agree with your comments think the handover was the best I've experienced can highly recommend them.

·
Registered
2,184 Posts
I've just recently dealt with their sales staff looking at their Q3 and Q5 and they have been absolutely terrible. They say they'll ring you and never do, they're never available and generally gave me the run around. My wife got fed up with them and so did I. They didn't seem to care if I bought from them or not and ended up having to complain to the business manager. I also ended up taking my business elsewhere. Ive dealt with Gilders who were numpties too so I had high hopes for JCT600 when they took over especially when they gave me the talk about how highly ranked they were in the satisfaction polls. They failed to impress. I've not had to deal with the service department yet but the parts department have been good.

·
Registered
308 Posts
I have bought most of my cars from them (Gilders VW)
I always found them to be excellent, can't comment on the present owners (JCT 600) though as I've never dealt with them.

·
Registered
340 Posts
Just picked up a car today from Audi Sheffield. This is my third car from them. This time it was not a Q3. We have dealt with the same sales agent (Reece), on all 3 purchases. I cannot fault the friendliness, attention to detail and a general feeling of the customer is king through all my deals. Through the purchase decisions, discussions over prices, keeping me informed and excellent handover, they have been excellent. Nothing, it seems, is too much trouble for them. Thoroughly recommended and thouroughly deserved. Just for the record, I have no affiliation with them in anyway. Just reporting it as it is.

·
Registered
5,413 Posts
mickscull said:
I have no affiliation with them in anyway. Just reporting it as it is.
Yeah, yeah.....I think you were "over caffeinated" while you were there

·
Registered
340 Posts
Boxbrownie said:
mickscull said:
I have no affiliation with them in anyway. Just reporting it as it is.
Yeah, yeah.....I think you were "over caffeinated" while you were there 
No, just the one in proper cups as well.

·
Registered
2,184 Posts
mickscull said:
Thoroughly recommended and thouroughly deserved. Just for the record, I have no affiliation with them in anyway.
You must have got the rare salesman that did his job. I cant remember the salesdroidI dealt with. I think I'll call him Numpty till I find his card or I'm due for a service visit soon.

·
Registered
5,413 Posts
Paper cups for us.......but they do have the dealers logo on them, not sure if that improves the flavour or not though

·
Super Moderator
6,027 Posts
grumpycamel said:
salesman that did his job
There's an oxymoron for you.

·
Registered
5,413 Posts

·
Registered
2,184 Posts

·
Registered
2,184 Posts
My service experience at Sheffield AudiIve just had the Q3 for its service at Sheffield Audi (JCT600) and here is my review.I was bracing myself when I went as I've never had decent service when is used to be Gilders Audi nor from the current sales team. Anyway they were only late for my appointment by 8 minutes although the person sat next me was seething as he'd been waiting nearly 25 minutes while watching people come and be seen to before him. A quiet word in someones ear soon put that right.I was impressed that they went through all the things I wanted them to look at when I booked which were:1) Squeaking drivers chair2) Very poor radio reception3) Rusting wheel bolts, some pretty bad.I also asked them to hook the car to the diagnostics as it wasn't part of the service (very odd I thought) and possibly get me a printout.I had to take a lovely lady mechanic out for a drive to demonstrate the chair noise which Im happy to say it did very vocally. I handed the keys when we arrived back and a taxi was called to take me home. That arrived soon after and I went home to wait for my call.Sheffield Audi called back about 4 hours later to tell me that my rear wiper was damaged and that it wasn't clearing the rear screen properly. I had known this for a while but just could be bothered to change it. They asked if I wanted to change it and I agreed to it for the princely sum of £9.50.After a few hours they rang me and told me that my car would be ready for collection in an hour.When I arrived they went through my list which involved me having to book the car in at a later date for the chair to be stripped and reassembled according to an Audi TPI note (which takes a day apparently). They said if that didn't work then it will involve a new chair base. They couldn't find anything wrong with the FM reception which I was disappointed in and the rusting wheel bolts were not covered by the warranty.According to the mechanics notes, the diagnostic check was made and found nothing but no printout was given so theres no actual proof as such. The service person went through the bill which I queried a couple of things and received satisfactory answers.I paid a tenner under what was quoted for the service and after getting my receipt and service printout (no service book to stamp as its all held electronically), I was ready to go.They asked if I was willing to do a survey which I was and I went through half a dozen questions with a lady rating things from 1 to 5 and gave comments about my service experience.I was then given my keys and guided to my car which was parked at the front of the building. It was washed inside and out and it was nice to see it so clean.On the whole it was a pleasant experience although £270 for its first service (@19k miles), it 'aint cheap.
Edited by: grumpycamel

·
Registered
2,704 Posts
Very usefull review of your service experience. As you say it ain't cheap but it never is! Thanks

·
Registered
2,184 Posts
The squeaky seat issue that I had mentioned in a previous post on this thread had returned so I phone Audi Sheffield to let them know. I asked them to put it on my records as I wasn't sure when I was able to bring the car in which they never did.Anyway a while later I decided to retro fit cruise control in the car so thought Id get the seat sorted out whilst it was in. Booked an appointment and when the day came I went and the handover was smooth enough. I still had to demonstrate that the seat was squeaking which was annoying but let it to them. I instructed that any spare parts left over from the cruise control retrofit was to be kept for me. Audi Sheffield arranged a taxi to take me home.Got a call towards the end of the day saying that the car was on a test drive and would be ready shortly. Audi Sheffield offered for a taxi to pick me up but I managed to arrange a lift myself. I arrived and they went through the bill and what work was done. They had done a complimentary health check on the car and they said they sent me a video but I never received it even though I checked my email address with them. I asked if the leftover parts that came from the cruise control retrofit were in the car and the chap didn't know and blamed it on the fact that I was a handover from a colleague. He showed me to my car and fortunately all the parts were in the original boxes on the back seat. The new seat base seemed to have stopped the squeaking but only time will tell. I have yet to test the cruise control in all its glory but initial impressions were good. On the whole a good experience.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts