Audi Q3 Owners Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
189 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
You'll be pleased to know the Q3 has just come out on top of the X1 and Ford Kuga in a recent AutoExpress test;

Audi has dipped its toe in the water of the compact SUV market for a second time – and for good reason. The race to downsize makes small off-roaders like the new Q3 hot property, as motorists switching from bigger models don't necessarily want to compromise on comfort or style.
The Q3 slots into the range below the Q5, and comes with petrol or diesel power, plus two or four-wheel drive. Prices for the entry-level petrol car start at £25,690, but here we put the2.0 TDI quattro through its paces. Our SE test car is fitted with Audi's S tronic twin-clutch transmission, and costs £28,460 – which puts it up against some seriously talented rivals.
The most obvious wears BMW's famous blue propeller badge – the X1 arrived in 2009, and has had a head start in this class. We test the four-wheel-drive xDrive 23d, which has more powerthan the Q3 and a bigger price tag.
Rounding off our trio is a mainstream model – but don't be surprised to see the Ford Kuga lining up here. Ford has already proven it's capable of making cars with premium appeal, in the shape of the S-MAX. The Kuga also drives brilliantly, and in Titanium trim it's loaded with kit.
We gate-crashed the UK launch of the Q3 in North Yorkshire with these two contenders to put them all to the test.

Read more: http://www.autoexpress.co.uk/carreviews/grouptests/274867/audi_q3_vs_rivals.html

·
Registered
14 Posts
Just been looking at the Evoque Pure 2.2, wwhich has come out one again on top of the Q3 in pretty much every review of 2011 SUV's. The Range Rover is a great car, with lots of extras - the £31k model is good, and the stats are good aswell (almost matches the Q3)

The reality is that the car you choose refects your personality and your needs ..... if the Q5 was the same price as the Q3 would I have one .... NO, I'd still have the Q3 - its what I need.

Dont be put off by all the fanboys - pick whats right for you.

... Hopefully picking up the (understated and discrete) Standard Sline Daytona Grey Q3 2.0 177 on 29/12

·
Registered
189 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I agree, the great thing about having the x1, kuga, evoque and q3 is that there really should be a car for everyone and no need to listen to the reviews - pick what's best for you.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts