Audi Q3 Owners Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Guys and Ladies

Hope you're all enjoying the weather.
My question is going by your experiences do you know how long it takes for an Audi Q3 to transfer from the spanish port to the UK. I was informed last week my Q3 has been built and it has been transferred to the port and is awaiting shipping to UK. So nearly there. I'm in kent by the way.
Any Info/ how long it takes once on the ship would be gladly appreciated.




Edited by: Audi-Q3-Deluxe
 

·
Super Moderator
Joined
·
6,231 Posts
As you're in Kent you're probably dealing with the same $HugeAudiDealerChain as me. They told me precisely the same at the end of May and the car was ready for collection the last week in June. I'm guessing therefore 3-4 weeks but the dealer should be able to give you a reasonably accurate estimate themselves at this point.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for reply sir. They did say circa early AugustWhich is 3-4 weeks away. Going to be a long wait dreaming. Lol

If anyone has more info I'd like to know how you got on from port to UK. The UK to dealer/pick up. Edited by: Audi-Q3-Deluxe
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
No havent been tlold it passes through Germany first. Your reply was a bit abrupt but thanks anyway. Edited by: Audi-Q3-Deluxe
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2 Posts
Have ordered the Q3 SE in Ice silver gone for petrol as the diesel is not recommended if you do under 10,000 miles a year (Shame) have ordered panoramic roof, and sat nav, looking forward to Sept for delivery.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
107 Posts
Dave said:
Have ordered the Q3 SE in Ice silver gone for petrol as the diesel is not recommended if you do under 10,000 miles a year (Shame) have ordered panoramic roof, and sat nav, looking forward to Sept for delivery.
I went for diesel and I do under 5000 a year!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
563 Posts
californiadreamin said:
So no one has told you it goes to Germany first then the UK
HiI don't know who told you that but it's not true, they ship straight to the UK.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
32 Posts
Del said:
californiadreamin said:
So no one has told you it goes to Germany first then the UK
HiI don't know who told you that but it's not true, they ship straight to the UK.
Well the dealer gave me misinformation on several occasions
these are the actual e-mail they sent me wonder if Audi MK Know they are spinning FanniesAlthough Audi have acknowledged your order they have still to advise a build week. Audi have however given us an indication which is subject to confirmation. Audi hope to build your car week commencing 29/04/13. To allow for the production process, transport (in Germany and UK ), shipping and final preparation at youAudi dealer, I would estimate that delivery to you could take place week commencing 27/05/13. This is provisional information at this stage and as soon as Audi provide more information I will be back in touch with you. </font> </font>Just a short note to say that your Q3 has now completed production and is on its way from the factory to the port in Germany to await shipment to the UK . When the car is in the UK will be in contact to arrange delivery of the car to you.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
563 Posts
californiadreamin said:
Del said:
californiadreamin said:
So no one has told you it goes to Germany first then the UK
HiI don't know who told you that but it's not true, they ship straight to the UK.
Well the dealer gave me misinformation on several occasions
these are the actual e-mail they sent me wonder if Audi MK Know they are spinning FanniesAlthough Audi have acknowledged your order they have still to advise a build week. Audi have however given us an indication which is subject to confirmation. Audi hope to build your car week commencing 29/04/13. To allow for the production process, transport (in Germany and UK ), shipping and final preparation at youAudi dealer, I would estimate that delivery to you could take place week commencing 27/05/13. This is provisional information at this stage and as soon as Audi provide more information I will be back in touch with you. </font> </font>Just a short note to say that your Q3 has now completed production and is on its way from the factory to the port in Germany to await shipment to the UK . When the car is in the UK will be in contact to arrange delivery of the car to you.
TBH it wouldn't surprise me if your dealer didn't know they are built in Spain
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
My dealer confirmed to me the car ships from Spain to UK. Does NOT go to Germany. Thanks Del for your information also. As this triggered me to ask more question.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
41 Posts
My car took two weeks to arrive after it left the factory in Spain.
My car came into the Sheerness in Kent port and was then shipped to London.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
563 Posts
I can't remember the link, but there is a way to track the progress of the ship with your car on board.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
15 Posts
I was told mine was coming straight from Spain & now in a bay down in Essex.

Ive heard that it goes to Germany from Spain 1st before the UK but in my mind where is the logic in that? If its the case then why not just build the cars in Germany?!!!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
103 Posts
The vessel that shipped my car left Spain, called into Emden (Germany) then Sheerness before arriving at Newcastle. I tracked the vessel (can't remember its name) via AIS marinetraffic.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
85 Posts
Yes, you have to tell the dealer that the weather isn't warm enough in Germany to let the Q3 grow there beforeit's are cultivated
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
16 Posts
jima said:
The vessel that shipped my car left Spain, called into Emden (Germany) then Sheerness before arriving at Newcastle. I tracked the vessel (can't remember its name) via AIS marinetraffic.
Emden is the main VAG 'overseas' distribution centre.I would expect that some Seat/Q3 cars aimed at other markets will be offloaded here and some more cars from other factories loaded to go to the UK.It is all about total cost reduction and not speed !!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3 Posts
Been told week 28 Q3 deliveries so July 8th etc have been dropped off at Newcastle and the Vessel is now docked at Sheerness unloading for London. And Kent deliveriesCan anyone confirm who has same build week or date.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Yes. Confirmed by my dealer on Saturday. Those build weeks have arrived in the UK ports , not too long now. The countdown begins.
 
1 - 19 of 19 Posts
Top