Audi Q3 Owners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Iown anS-Line Q3 andam aware ofmud and road dirt on the inside of the lower section of both front doors, so I contacted my local Audi dealer to request the purchase of mudflaps all round only to be told.....</font>Mudflaps are not available for Q3 Sline models. In fact Sline A3 ,A4,A5,A6,A7, and Q5, </font><div style="color: rgb0, 0, 0; font-family: Times New Roman; font-size: 12pt; font-style: normal; font-weight: 400;">This is to do with the extended wheel arch and blown rear bumper<div style="color: rgb0, 0, 0; font-family: Times New Roman; font-size: 12pt; font-style: normal; font-weight: 400;">There is no part number to order them.<div style="color: rgb0, 0, 0; font-family: Times New Roman; font-size: 12pt; font-style: normal; font-weight: 400;"> <div style="color: rgb0, 0, 0; font-family: Times New Roman; font-size: 12pt; font-style: normal; font-weight: 400;">So if anybody out there has found flaps that will fit an S-Line Q3, can you please post a web link.</font><div style="color: rgb0, 0, 0; font-family: Times New Roman; font-size: 12pt; font-style: normal; font-weight: 400;">Regards.</font><div style="color: rgb0, 0, 0; font-family: Times New Roman; font-size: 12pt; font-style: normal; font-weight: 400;"><div style="color: rgb0, 0, 0; font-family: Times New Roman; font-size: 12pt; font-style: normal; font-weight: 400;">

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I am hearing similar from others, but why no flaps for the q3 sline ? They do them for SE models.....I have emailed Audi direct as after spending a not inconsiderable amount of my car, plus virtually the entire options list added, I can't get a simple extra of mudflaps ?

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Just had a telephone call from Audi Customer Service Dept saying that Audi don't do mudflaps for any of their S Line range because S Line models ride lower to the ground and fitting mudflaps might damage the car when going over speed bumps !We are talking Q3, Q5 and Q7 models in their arguement here. So if you want mudflaps for any of these cars, please email Audi and the more people who request, they might eventually get the message ?

·
Registered
201 Posts
Am being lazy here so apologies in advance, I know that Audi say they don't do mudflaps for the Q3 S Line but is this to do with the ride height? We all had the free option to drop our cars 20 mm, I think, but I decided not too because of the roads where I have to drive. Anyway, does this mean I can fit non-S Line mudflaps? I'm not sure, I remember reading somewhere it had something to do with the wheel arches on the S Line.

Anyone done this? Del?

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
The info I have been given re my sline q3 is that nothing else will fit the shape of the arch / body skirt. I have heard from another person who did spend a great deal of time and effort modifying flaps for an SE to fit his sline, so in theory it can be done, but if you spend this kind f money on an sline Quattro, you would think you could buy a set of flaps. Audi tell me that it is due to the lower ride height of sline models, but even standard sline q3s over SE Q3s are 20mm lower ?, so I don't see that as an arguement for being too low to fit flaps.

·
Registered
264 Posts
so what happens if to audis argument that the s / line suspension lowers the car if you order an s/line but do not tick the box for sports supension .

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Daytona.....I don't understand audis arguement as in my case I went for the standard sline setting.

·
Registered
201 Posts
It would be a more credible argument if they said that there are no Audi mudflaps to fit the S Line at present because of the wheel arch and bumper and in the future if there are they still won't fit S Lines with lowered suspension. Ah well..

·
Registered
72 Posts
I just made my own !!

·
Premium Member
1,100 Posts
Bump!

Any tips for s-line mudflaps?

I like Hannu's, but wanted to know how he started and fitted them.Edited by: CocoPops

·
Premium Member
1,100 Posts
How different is the se sill profile compared to the s-line?
Has any one actually offered up a set of se mudflaps to an SLine?

·
Registered
72 Posts
Yes I tried SE they are totally different

·
Registered
106 Posts
I found my s line body work underneath was peppered with stone chips,especially the back I would recommend if possible to fit some kind of plastic protection as people do to bonnets ect? When I got my s.e the first Thing I fitted where mudflaps.

·
Registered
595 Posts
How about this statement found on a website as an answer to the question "Should I fit mud flaps to my Q3?"

No, do not fit mud flaps. They will increase your fuel consumption and if
you catch them on anything they could tear off the entire rear valence.</font>

·
Registered
5,413 Posts
Gord said:
How about this statement found on a website as an answer to the question "Should I fit mud flaps to my Q3?"

No, do not fit mud flaps. They will increase your fuel consumption and if
you catch them on anything they could tear off the entire rear valence.</font>
Well actually both statements are true, the first is undeniable, drag will increase and fuel consumption WILL be affected, but by so little you may not notice, it's the same as if you drive with a window or sunroof open = increased drag = increased fuel consumption.

The second part of that statement could also be true, but the chances of that are most likely less than getting your windscreen cracked by a flying stone........frankly the second statement is just a bit of scare mongering.

One thing the post never mentioned of course is the increased noise from air turbulence, not joking it will be there but again whether you could actually hear it enough to be a factor........hmmmm, maybe if your a Bat

Edited by: Boxbrownie

·
Super Moderator
5,715 Posts
Which website was that, Gord? I think we could all do with a laugh. Post us a link and I might consider joining it and messing with the guy's head a bit.

I can tell you that since I had my (front only) mudflaps fitted there's been a significant decrease in the amount of sh1t and derision collected by the door bottoms, no detectable detrimental effects on either wind noise or fuel consumption. They also provide a degree of protection to the case-hardened cardboard underbody panels when you're rash enough to drive through a puddle at more than 4mph...

I can also assure the aforementioned idiot that fitting mudflaps helps prevent bubonic plague, mange and irritation of the nurglers. They also help keep elephants away.

Strewth, every village has one, doesn't it?

1 - 20 of 33 Posts