Audi Q3 Owners Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello Guys! I just won an auction on ebay for a MIB2 unit. I had in mind that I want to retrofit the whole thing (unit-10'' screen-virtual cockpit plus), but the price was nice, so I ordered this one separately! Does anybody know if it is feasible to connect it with my current setup? (8''screen and the basic virtual cockpit) . Also, what about CP?

Many thanks!

·
Super Moderator
3,321 Posts
You are a brave man!

I've attached a US self-study PDF on the F3 Q3, does describe some of the car systems at a high level and the different versions of the virtual cockpit (VC), might be useful. The VC is completely controlled by the buttons on the steering wheel - do you have an F3 now or an 8U?

Attachments

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks John!

I have 2020 q3 f3. I ve seen your manual, lots of details, but I couldn’t figure out if I need to have vc plus for my navi unit to work! Plus, do you know anything about component protection?

·
Super Moderator
3,321 Posts
You are most welcome - I know nothing on Component Protection other than it's easy to buy a brick on Ebay!

·
Registered
2,114 Posts
Info gleaned from car forums etc -
The module could have been checked on the vehicle before removal and shown to work 100%.
Component protection kicks in when fitted to a different car. The system is intended to deter the sale of stolen parts and suspect cars and parts may be recorded on a database
Process for removal of CP is to install the parts on the 'new' car so that an Audi or other registered workshop can link it to the Factory computer system. If everything checks out OK, CP can be removed and the module coded to the new vehicle. The procedure only works if the module is correctly wired as it would have been from the factory
I've not seen it documented but assume CP is reset and paired to the new vehicle so the process would start again if the module was removed and sold on.

Cheers Spike

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Info gleaned from car forums etc -
The module could have been checked on the vehicle before removal and shown to work 100%.
Component protection kicks in when fitted to a different car. The system is intended to deter the sale of stolen parts and suspect cars and parts may be recorded on a database
Process for removal of CP is to install the parts on the 'new' car so that an Audi or other registered workshop can link it to the Factory computer system. If everything checks out OK, CP can be removed and the module coded to the new vehicle. The procedure only works if the module is correctly wired as it would have been from the factory
I've not seen it documented but assume CP is reset and paired to the new vehicle so the process would start again if the module was removed and sold on.

Cheers Spike
So, i guess I need to install it right, and find a ''friendly'' dealership. I dont think it's stolen, since the rep of the ebay seller is 100%. Thanks Spike!

·
Registered
Q3-f3 2019 35 stronic
2 Posts
We are all waiting for your news! Did it worked? I myself have the same problem, trying to upgrade from MMI RADIO PLUS to MMI NAVIGATION PLUS. Please inform us all!

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
We are all waiting for your news! Did it worked? I myself have the same problem, trying to upgrade from MMI RADIO PLUS to MMI NAVIGATION PLUS. Please inform us all!
Hello! I have an appointment on Thursday in my local dealership to get it done! At least they will try! All Greeks have the same issues apparently!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts