Audi Q3 Owners Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
Audi Q3 2015, S Line Plus, 2.0 TDI, Automatic
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone,

I am just creating a post to show a new modification of mine.

I have installed an 10.25 inch Android screen into my Audi Q3.

Automotive design Audio equipment Satellite radio Vehicle audio Center console

Computer Plant Automotive design Personal computer Gadget

Definitely makes the car interior more modern.

All original car functions work in conjunction with the screen such as climate control, parking camera and sensors.

Fitment is not 100% as these screens are designed and made for LHD vehicles but it is good enough.

I am able to download apps such as Spotify and Waze to assist with driving and the screen quality is great.

Thanks,

Brandon

·
Super Moderator
3,583 Posts
Well done Brandon!

Reactions: Brandon_t123

·
Super Moderator
3,583 Posts
Reactions: Brandon_t123

·
Registered
50 Posts
Sure looks the part, I was going to fit one of these a couple of years ago however when reading up on them they were always having some sort of problems price then was about £400.
Kosta from this forum fitted a smaller version and eventually sold it. But please keep us updated as it does look smart. When I was on he BMW forum there was a post with over 200 pages regarding fitment and videos of how to fit and a problem page.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Any more info on this mod? Is it an android system?

Also what is the purple line? Led?
Hello Irfan,

Yes this is an Android Screen. Operates similarly to a smart phone.

And the purple line is an LED fibre optic kit I’ve installed. What do you think of it?

Thanks,

Brandon

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Is it the rsnav version or Ali express ?
How easy was it to install ?
Hi Dadoo,

This was an AliExpress one. I have contacted RSNav regarding their screens. They do not produce screens for a RHD Q3.

In terms of installation. It was fairly easy to install as I’ve had a lot of experience working with CarPlay Kits/Screens.

Kind regards,

Brandon

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
The fibre optic looks amazing man. Does it have some sort of control unit tucked away somewhere?
So each LED module is attached and hidden behind the dashboard. I believe I have posted about this modification if you would like to search through my post history.

Kind regards,

Brandon

·
Registered
4 Posts
Hello everyone,

I am just creating a post to show a new modification of mine.

I have installed an 10.25 inch Android screen into my Audi Q3.

View attachment 3065

View attachment 3066

Definitely makes the car interior more modern.

All original car functions work in conjunction with the screen such as climate control, parking camera and sensors.

Fitment is not 100% as these screens are designed and made for LHD vehicles but it is good enough.

I am able to download apps such as Spotify and Waze to assist with driving and the screen quality is great.

Thanks,

Brandon
Hi Brandon,

I have the same vehicle and similar unit in the UK but have come stuck on the CANbus pick up.

I plugged in the cable that T's into the AC/Heater controls Brown connector and the vehicle started acting weird with lots of errors on the dashboard and the heater going on and off and vehicle disabled.

Where did you get the CANbus feed from? My original unit was an RMC with factory Nav.

Thanks,
M

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Hi Brandon,

I have the same vehicle and similar unit in the UK but have come stuck on the CANbus pick up.

I plugged in the cable that T's into the AC/Heater controls Brown connector and the vehicle started acting weird with lots of errors on the dashboard and the heater going on and off and vehicle disabled.

Where did you get the CANbus feed from? My original unit was an RMC with factory Nav.

Thanks,
M
Hi M,

Do not wire the canbus cable to the climate control connections on the back.

What I did was remove the passenger glove box and connect it to the canbus there.

Hope that helps,

Brandon

·
Registered
4 Posts
Hi M,

Do not wire the canbus cable to the climate control connections on the back.

What I did was remove the passenger glove box and connect it to the canbus there.

Hope that helps,

Brandon
Did you have to splice the cables in or the connector fitted? On the T cable I have a Brown 16pin connector whilst I see on the Canbus Gateway it is a Red 20pin.
Rectangle Wood Building sets Toy Toy block

Am I looking in the right place?
Light Bag Luggage and bags Trunk Font

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Did you have to splice the cables in or the connector fitted? On the T cable I have a Brown 16pin connector whilst I see on the Canbus Gateway it is a Red 20pin.
View attachment 3073
Am I looking in the right place?
View attachment 3072
Hi M,

It appears that you may have been sent a kit which is not compatible with your vehicle. In my car, the Canbus plugs were a direct swap. So the T harness would connect to the original Canbus plug and also fit into the gateway box.

I would suggest you contact the manufacturer. I tried an android screen 2 years ago which told me to connect to the climate control plug and that did not work for me at all.

I would definitely return that kit you’ve got.

Send me a private message if you require any help with it.

Thanks,

Brandon

·
Registered
4 Posts
Hi M,

It appears that you may have been sent a kit which is not compatible with your vehicle. In my car, the Canbus plugs were a direct swap. So the T harness would connect to the original Canbus plug and also fit into the gateway box.

I would suggest you contact the manufacturer. I tried an android screen 2 years ago which told me to connect to the climate control plug and that did not work for me at all.

I would definitely return that kit you’ve got.

Send me a private message if you require any help with it.

Thanks,

Brandon
Thanks Brandon, I'm going to splice into the cables based on the pin out info I could find. I'll report back over the weekend if it works out. (y)

1 - 15 of 15 Posts