Audi Q3 Owners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
188 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I discovered this today. When I press the Car and Menu buttons simultaneously, a green menu appears. i did not change any setting though.

·
Registered
613 Posts
Go on, choose one and have a play - "Radio" seems like a safe one.... Maybe you can switch on the secret DAB Mode....
Edited by: Jules

·
Registered
107 Posts
Good find! Who's brave enough to have a play then?!?

·
Registered
613 Posts
I did try to access this on the way home, but nothing happened - tried MENU, the CAR.... CAR, then MENU, and both together?

·
Registered
563 Posts
Be careful, you maybrick your car

·
Registered
275 Posts
Maybe there's an activate section in nav, save us £400!!!!

·
Registered
144 Posts
Might have a play tomorrow. What's the worse that can happen? If it goes wrong we'll just take it back to Audi and tell them to fix it!!

·
Registered
188 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Jules said:
I did try to access this on the way home, but nothing happened - tried MENU, the CAR.... CAR, then MENU, and both together?
Oh, I think this menu was activated when I asked a mechanic to activate the DRL on/off switch which is disabled in Q3s sold in Japan. I am tempted to play with it but the fear of bricking my MMI is strong and thus will just take a peek

·
Registered
518 Posts
Given the arrows on the right of each line, I suspect that selecting an option will lead to a sub menu.I like the "rusirius" option. Didn't know John McEnroe had a hand in this!

·
Registered
188 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
rontheman said:
Given the arrows on the right of each line, I suspect that selecting an option will lead to a sub menu. I like the "rusirius" option. Didn't know John McEnroe had a hand in this!
Correct rontheman, there are sub menus. I am going for a long drive tomorrow so I am not playing with this. I need my nav tomorrow

·
Registered
613 Posts
Isn't Sirius the Satellite Radio service in the USA?

·
Registered
412 Posts
Sirius is indeed the sattelite radio. We had it on a new style Ford Escape while we were touring through the Canadian Rockies in June. It's a fantastic system, always had crystal clear reception, even in the middle of nowhere with no mobile or any other type of signal. The sooner we get it over here the better.

·
Registered
184 Posts
rontheman said:
I like the "rusirius" option. Didn't know John McEnroe had a hand in this!
LOL! Real sharp - you'll be giving Gromit a run for his money next!

·
Super Moderator
6,032 Posts

·
Registered
100 Posts
If you can set the light for European Driving or fold the mirrors by using the key through these menus I think every Q3 owner will know you name and want to shake your hand!

·
Super Moderator
6,032 Posts
Yes, and while you're at it, locate the activation code for the passenger ejector seat...

(notices Mrs G looking over shoulder and runs like ****)

·
Registered
518 Posts
Ah, that must be the rusirius option!! Wondered what it was for!

·
Registered
613 Posts
I've still been trying to get this menu (not for the ejector seat option, honest) - but no joy... Tried with ignition on, without ignition on, engine running etc, but nada...

·
Registered
107 Posts
It has to be unlocked by the dealer or by that vagcom software/cable

1 - 20 of 20 Posts