Audi Q3 Owners Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I share the oem led lights for the front doors and white light for the rear doors, the agency lights are of very low intensity

Attachments

·
Registered
427 Posts
I've ordered my non-OEM ones from here https://www.aliexpress.com/item/32928810327.html

Had they been more thoroughly engineered I would have bought the original, but the fact that they don't mix lights (projection and diffused light) render them pretty much a showoff piece. So there I went... buying the ones with 4 rings and Audi branding in correct font and red. I think it's pretty compelling bargain for the price they're currently selling (current 7.11 EUR shipped for a pair).

Fortunately I have some mitigating factors: all interior LED extended light package that casts a noticeable light on the outside, I barely frequent places where the door lights become very useful, and if I do I hope that the bounced light from the logo combined with the light cast from the interior would be enough. My car is also white which I think is helping spread the bounced light a tiny bit more.

Attachments

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hello, if at the time I also bought similar ebay with the rings and the letters audi, the difference between the two is quite noticeable live, in photo you do not notice much, but of course as you mention the price difference is enough, they are only as an exhibition fad.

·
Registered
427 Posts
Having installed my China sourced lights I have a few remarks to do:

- The original Audi LED lights appear to be incredibly cheap... and the chinese ones appear to be better made than those.

- I cannot see a way the China sourced LED projection lights could be worse than Audi's original LED logo lights. In fact I can speculate they might come from the same OEM of the originals. Even the package was great with anti-static bags and cardboard box.

- The original Audi red marking lights could be incandescent bulb based since they heat up a lot, I cannot conceive a car with LED light package and such a waste of heat... and they cannot be disabled so as long as you keep the door open you have 5 Watts (assuming they use something like a W5W bulb) of constant power discharge from one marking light alone!

I've bought them from here (Audi no circle)
https://www.aliexpress.com/item/32974069998.html

I am not tied in any way shape or form with any of the sellers I tip, I am just mentioning because of the experience I've had with them, since finding good product sources and best prices takes time and effort I share my experience for everyone's benefit.

Attachments

·
Registered
2 Posts
Having installed my China sourced lights I have a few remarks to do:

- The original Audi LED lights appear to be incredibly cheap... and the chinese ones appear to be better made than those.

- I cannot see a way the China sourced LED projection lights could be worse than Audi's original LED logo lights. In fact I can speculate they might come from the same OEM of the originals. Even the package was great with anti-static bags and cardboard box.

- The original Audi red marking lights could be incandescent bulb based since they heat up a lot, I cannot conceive a car with LED light package and such a waste of heat... and they cannot be disabled so as long as you keep the door open you have 5 Watts (assuming they use something like a W5W bulb) of constant power discharge from one marking light alone!

I've bought them from here (Audi no circle)
https://www.aliexpress.com/item/32974069998.html

I am not tied in any way shape or form with any of the sellers I tip, I am just mentioning because of the experience I've had with them, since finding good product sources and best prices takes time and effort I share my experience for everyone's benefit.
What you recommend door lights are fine, but the links is no longer available

·
Registered
2 Posts
we manufacture door projector lights for many years, we have witnessed the development process of car door lights. If you want to upgrade your door lights, we suggest you purchase Non-fading quartz glass door lights.The clarity and brightness of the product will last longer than ordinary welcome lights
Light Product Camera lens Font Line

1 - 7 of 7 Posts