Audi Q3 Owners Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've had the Order Detail form back from Audi with the various build options selected on it, on going through it Audi for some reason when you order the "Hill Hold Assist" option call it the "Auto Release Function" I've spoken to the dealership and they have told me this is one and the same thing.
Can anyone with the hill hold assist (Auto Release Function?)option please confirm that this is indeed the case as I will be mightily hacked off if the car arrives without the hill hold assist.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Hi Walking Joint. I haven't got Hill Hold Assist just the electro- mechanical handbrake, which does the auto release thing when at lights if I engage the handbrake etc. Hill Hold assist if activated will obviously engage the handbrake automatically when you stop and disengage when you pull away. if I was you I would seek further clarification as from personal experience not all dealers know their products as well as they should.

If you get a printout of the spec sheet for the car it should have it on there with its unique code and I think it's about £90-100 isn't it to order that so should be easy to pick out.

Hope that helps

·
Registered
84 Posts
Have hill hold assist on my Q3. The code when you order as per my order form is UH2. Hope this helps. £75.00 plus VAT when I bought my car 7 months ago.Edited by: Tyreman

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Hi Bilster1 / Tyreman,thanks for the advice. Looking at the order form it does quote code UH2 so I guess this Auto Release Function is the the Hill Hold Assist, so fingers crossed !

·
Registered
518 Posts
I think someone else on this forum clarified the difference very succinctly. Basically, "hill hold assist" equates to handbrake coming ON automatically when you stop. Auto release equates to handbrake coming OFF automatically when you move off.

·
Registered
19 Posts
As far am i aware All Q3s have Hill Hold Assist as standard. Take your foot off the footbrake and the car will hold on a hill for about two seconds giving you time to accelerate off without having to apply the handbrake. You can add Hold Assist as a cost option which gives you a button by the handbrake which means you can keep the brakes on as long as you like until you pull off. I did not bother as it seems just as easy to put the electronic handbrake! Edited by: TKP

·
Registered
19 Posts
This is the audi definition!
Hold assist
holds the vehicle stationary for unlimited periods after stopping and thus prevents the vehicle rolling away on hills and on gradients. The system is activated by push-button and allows the driver to drive away easily and comfortably without having to operate the electromechanical parking brake.
Hill hold assist
After the foot brake is pressed for a long period of time while the vehicle is stationary, the brake pressure that is built up is maintained for a short while after the brake is released; this automatic braking action makes hill-starts at almost any gradient much easier and more comfortable.

·
Registered
44 Posts
I think ronhteman describes it in a simple but clear and understanding way. The kety being that the brake is activated automatically when the vehicle stops

1 - 8 of 8 Posts