Audi Q3 Owners Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi. Our Q3 should be delivered in Jul and am mulling over going for Audi Complete (without tyre cover). Anyone have any experience of it? Difficult to calculate respective costs but the inclusion of 5 year Warranty seems to tip the balance in favour.
From the online brochure, cost seems to be £33 per month for 3 years to include all maintenance and parts (apart from obvious exclusions) plus full 5 year Warranty extension (agreed mileage of 10k p.a.). But my dealer is quoting me that plus an upfront £342 - whereas the brochure makes clear it's either an upfront payment or a monthly one. The £342 tips the balance the other way for me - but I reckon the dealer is confused and has got it wrong (not surprising having waded through the yards of verbiage). By the way the same package as above is £50 per month to include tyre cover - not for me as I think I will get winter tyres anyway.
Interested in others' views/experiences. Incidentally, like several others I reckon Audi Gap insurance is extortionate. They won't budge on £475 and we bought a Merc in 2011 for which Gap through Mercedes was c£300 (which in itself was over the odds).

·
Registered
44 Posts
I took out Audi Complete with tyres for my Q3 S Line. Paid up front one off cost of just under £2K based on 12k miles/year. Not used yet but the 5 year warranty that can be passed on when selling tipped the balance for me.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks MikeM. Yeah, the transferability is a big factor along with the 5 year Warranty which on its own is £745.

·
Registered
563 Posts
HiAs far as I'm aware Audi have never offered a one off payment service plan for the Q3, the prices in the brochure are for Audi complete which is service and warranty extension at a monthly cost of £33 or £52.The one off payments of £325 and £745 are for warranty only, there is no servicing included.I also think these options are only available at the time of ordering the car.

·
Registered
44 Posts
The prices in the brochure for Audi Complete are 'from'....for instance if you have quattro the price goes up if you are including tyres as I assume they expect increased wear across the 4 tyres. The agreement needs to be signed before registration but does not need to be agreed at point of ordering the vehicle to the best of my knowledge.For my vehicle it was £1999.20 incl vat.

·
Registered
563 Posts
Hi MikeIt seems you're right I never noticed the small print on the left hand side, to me this seems like a very expensive option, Audi offer a service plan for the A1 which is £250 for5 years servicing add a 5 year warranty extension for £500 and you have to wonder why it costs nearly £2000 for the Q3

·
Registered
111 Posts
MikeM said:
The prices in the brochure for Audi Complete are 'from'....for instance if you have quattro the price goes up if you are including tyres as I assume they expect increased wear across the 4 tyres. The agreement needs to be signed before registration but does not need to be agreed at point of ordering the vehicle to the best of my knowledge.For my vehicle it was £1999.20 incl vat.
Have you signed up for it? Is it worth it?

·
Registered
44 Posts
hi KEW - yes I took out the package when I got myQ3 in April. I had the cash so decided to go for 3 years with everything taken car of with respect to maintenance/tyres etc. I guess time will tell if it was the right option....cheers

·
Registered
30 Posts
I bought a simiar option on my previous A6 Avant - full service and maintenance for £45.00 per month for 3 years cover. The car was set up for long life service, and only went in for its first service when it was 2 years old and had only covered 19,000 miles - I took out the plan when I was still working, but got an early retirement, hence the lower mileage. At 22,000 miles I sold the car and bought a Q3; so after 30 months at £45.00 per month = £1350 - worked out rather expensive for one service ?? - work it out before you sign on the dotted line. Yes it will help with resale as they don't have to put on a used warrenty. So with the Q3 I have decided NOT buy in a single payment, but put away £35.00 a month into an account, and then pull the monies from there as and when the car requires service and maintenace - well the money is better in my bank earning interest for me rather than in Audi's account ? On my Q3 I went for the 4th year warrenty for an additional £325 - again it may help with resale further down the line ?

·
Registered
30 Posts
ps....remember that if your Q3 is on a long life service, IT will decide when it is ready to go in for a service; my dealer would not under any circumstances service my Audi when it was a year old - they insisted that it would only be done a 2 years old, or when the car decided. Also, my daughter had the service, main, tyre plan and she had issues getting them to accept that the tyre was damaged and so did everything possible to not accept and replace.

·
Registered
111 Posts
I am picking up my car in 4 days
and starting to wonder about various things one being servicing. Reading the above it seems that a service may only be required every 2 years (?) - my current car is serviced annually so I just want to check with Q3 owners if the 2 year service is in fact correct.

·
Registered
84 Posts
All 3 of my Audis I have had (A3 TDI, A4 TFSI) now Q3 TFSI have been on 2 year service intervals. Have never done enough miles for the cars to have wanted servicing earlier. A3 sold privately after 3 and a half years only had one service. A4 traded in for Q3 after 4 years one service. Admittedly the service message on the dash had been coming on for a couple of weeks.

·
Registered
264 Posts
your car will tell you when its due a service it takes into account what type of driving you do . long jpurneys or lots of stop starts , i have had my Q 3 for 8 months and the service indicator says 375 days to service , i have done 4000 , you can have an oil change every 12 months if you want to pay audi wont say no to your money .

·
Registered
111 Posts
Thanks everyone - that's good news but I expect the Audi service will be fairly costly so I will continue to budget for an annual one and then will have enough to pay for it

1 - 14 of 14 Posts