Audi Q3 Owners Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
When we move off our Audi q3 autolocks. Which is good. I was wonder what happens to the locked doors if the car is involved in a car crash. I assume they would autounlock to allow rescuers in. Please comment.

·
Registered
264 Posts
I thibk there is a sensor or something that will be connected to various systems airbag / seatbelt pre tensioners etc that will automatically release the locks under an impact .Im sure some one will have the proper technical info available

·
Registered
80 Posts
I actually asked that from my dealer and he confirmed that the doors are unlocked in case of accident. The unlocking mechanism is connected to the airbag system as daytona mentioned earlier.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Hello Auto-Lockers.Not got my Q3 yet,but a word of warning!!I had a Jeep Cherokee with Auto Lock function.Jumped out one day to post some letters,left engine running (naughty I know) Guess what,door locked and left me with red face stood on pavement.With luck only 500yds from home,so marched off to get spare keys.Some cars with this feature will only lock when in gear.Not sure what Q3 will do.

·
Registered
80 Posts
According to the user manual (and experience so far) it happens when the vehicle reaches a speed of 15 km/h or 10 mph.

·
Registered
37 Posts
That makes sense SemiQ.When does Q3 unlock itself.When you stop or when ignition is switched off.

·
Registered
613 Posts
It unlocks when you open the driver's door (and maybe front passenger door?) - stays locked if you just stop and turn off the engine.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts