Audi Q3 Owners Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Now I know this is gonna sound stupid, but bear with me on this one... As I'm a virgin to the Audi family, my 1st Q3 arrives in a couple of weeks, I was rather taken with what I thought was a particularly fetching thermos cup within the centre console (you know the one with the Aluminium lid, so I asked the sales person "does that cup come with the car as standard?" yes he replied. so when getting to the nitty gritty I opted for the non smoking package (you can see where I'm going with this) well the pennies just dropped my lovely shiny cup is indeed an ashtray (who'd of thought it!!)So my question is.... where's the best place to buy one.....and as I will have the non smoking package will it indeed fit in the original space?I checked eBay 2 nights ago and one sold for £26 any advice would be grateful.

·
Registered
134 Posts
Hi Grantflash, I ordered the non smoking pack and like you discovered via this forum that my lovely coin holder would not be coming. Talk to your saleman to see if he can source one for you especially as he told you they come as standard.

·
Super Moderator
6,034 Posts
Audi Parts Direct have it at £52.00, eBay show them from £23.99 upwards but if you go see your tame Audi salesman and point out that you were misled by being told it was standard there's a good chance he'll do something for you - well worth a try.

I'm in the same boat - I didn't know it was an ashtray either and only discovered it when I specified the non-smoking pack and the car was delivered sans flask-like-thing.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I bought one on Ebay last night for £15, knowing my luck I will get the car with one in it still, so will end up with two of the dam things

·
Registered
234 Posts
Mine was ordered n/s too and got the cup/ashtray anyway. Dealer also gave me a couple of 12v caps for the lighter sockets in the Q3 and my A3 (also ordered n/s). I now have so many 12v sockets I don't know what to do with them.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Good news, my Q3 has arrived in the UK and I have been given a handover date 11 days and counting. but more importantly, my dealer is gonna source me an ashtray for free!!!! Happy Days are here again

1 - 7 of 7 Posts