Audi Q3 Owners Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
</font>

</font>My driveends down a hill onto a bad
corner, so hearing traffic is necessary to some degree.
The stop start option should be great for this. <?: prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:eek:ffice:eek:ffice" />

</font>

</font>How long will it take the option to kick in
after leaving the engine idling/warming up?

</font>

</font>I need to apply the foot, (or hand brake) at
the end of my drive. Will this affect
the stop start option coming into play?

</font>

·
Registered
106 Posts
hi"geezer"i have owned two audis in last 3years with start stop,i hve found the engine needs to warm up to some degree,the hand brake or foot brake needs to be applied & engine out of grear for start stop to work..also found the warmer the wheather,the quicker the stop start works,even if the engine appears cold.hope this helps?

·
Registered
264 Posts
restart is virtually instant , putting your foot on the brake will activate the stop / start , when you releasethe brake it restarts , needs to be up to running temp in cold weather so that it does;nt flatten battery as radio aircon etc still opertate when engine cuts out .

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks gents.At todays temperature which is around 8 to 10 degrees, do you reckon that the start stop would work after say 5 mins of idling or am I being to ambitious?

·
Registered
264 Posts
yes at todays temps it would be working with in 5 mins you soon get to judge it after a few days driving when we had the hot spell a few weeks ago mine was working straight away i drove out of gharage down the drive and it stopped as i waited to drive out onto the road

1 - 5 of 5 Posts