Audi Q3 Owners Forum banner
41 - 57 of 57 Posts

·
Registered
2016 RSQ3 Exclusive Java green.
634 Posts
Very nice but, come the autumn/winter, you’ll want rubber mats.
And then they stay in year round.
The original owner of my car used full rubber mats in it so I've done the same as I couldn't stand the thought of getting the carpet mats dirty lol, I actually prefer it now!

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #42 ·
It has been over 4 months since I placed my order for my RSQ3 Vorsprung (estate) so here’s a round up.

Order confirmed 2nd Sept was told March delivery (fine at the time as was told this was new normal)

1st October receive an update from the dealer saying BW 41 (11th October) had been confirmed with the factory and expect a December handover.

21st October check in with the dealer reveals car is still at status 20 with commission status of 3 (in production).

9th November - text from Audi UK saying my car is on the production line but taking a little longer due to semiconductor shortages (nothing new here). Check in with dealer still at statuses 20 and 3.

16th December - email from Audi UK saying we’re underway car in production and an explanation of the build process.

Today - check in with dealer and the car is still showing as status 20 and commission status 3 in production.

I was fully prepared for a March delivery at time of order but after being told to expect the car in December I made plans to sell my current car etc and we are now in to the middle of Jan with no change. The lack of information/false information is what’s getting to me. Not something I expected from ordering my first Audi despite the well publicised production issues.

Any guesses as to when I may see the car? Has anyone else had any of the random Audi UK communications that may shed some light on timings?

·
Super Moderator
3,723 Posts
There seems to be no logic - you could easily get a call next week to say the vehicle is at Emden awaiting shipping.

·
Registered
2022 RSQ3 SE in Dayton Grey, C&S, red calipers
372 Posts
Hi chaRSQ3.
I am awaiting my second F3 RSQ3 and have been down this road before. I ordered a RSQ3 on 28th Aug for del in Mar '22. Without any fanfare it went straight into build on 1st Oct a way ahead of anticipated build plan to status 20 where it sat on 20 until 7th Jan. Next day out of the blue it was reported at Emden awaiting loading for Tyne Port. What I am saying is the term 'Build Week' has little if any relevance to the real world or delivery expectation. As John above says you could get a call any day. I get the feeling they are now releasing a bunch of RSQ3s which have been held back from 2021 perhaps to meet some 2022 emission targets.
Good Luck.

Mike

Reactions: Beanjunior

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #45 ·
Thanks chaps. Fingers crossed for an unexpected update shortly then! If your timings are anything to go by Mike then hopefully sooner rather than later. What are your few additions if you don’t mind me asking? It does sound like Vorsprungs are taking a little longer.

·
Registered
405 Posts
Standard (ie non-RS) Vorsprungs cannot be ordered at all currently - they've disappeared completely from the Configurator AFAICS. My dealer says:

'The removal of Vorsprung models from the Q3 configurator is indeed temporary and relates to Audi Side Assist.

The supply of this feature is “severely restricted” until mid 2022 and as it is standard equipment on the Vorsprung models, the decision has been made to remove them from the configurator at this time. I can confirm that the Vorsprung remains a critical part of our Q3 range and will return as soon as our supply issues are resolved.'

Presumably, what few sets of Side Assist are available are being reserved for RS models, but the shortage may still be limiting RS Vorsprung production.

·
Registered
372 Posts
Thanks chaps. Fingers crossed for an unexpected update shortly then! If your timings are anything to go by Mike then hopefully sooner rather than later. What are your few additions if you don’t mind me asking? It does sound like Vorsprungs are taking a little longer.
The standard ones for me on any Audi are C+S pack and red calipers, others I pick up at the stealer's, eg bootliner, floor mats etc.

Mike

·
Super Moderator
3,723 Posts
on the boot liner front...the 8U Q3 boot liner is a better fit for the RSQ3 with its permanently raised boot floor than the official Audi F3 Q3 item - which has big notches cut out of the front corners.

·
Registered
372 Posts
on the boot liner front...the 8U Q3 boot liner is a better fit for the RSQ3 with its permanently raised boot floor than the official Audi F3 Q3 item - which has big notches cut out of the front corners.
Hi John,

Haven't noticed, but I'll take a look, tks for the HU.
I believe the car is in Inverness, just need to get the ceramic coating done then we are on the road, 2 months early !

Mike

·
Super Moderator
3,723 Posts
Enjoy the new car Mike, I recall you ordered the blue interior - which looks amazing too. Some of the launch press cars had blue Alcantara inserts on the dash, I wonder if they are obtainable.

·
Registered
372 Posts
Enjoy the new car Mike, I recall you ordered the blue interior - which looks amazing too. Some of the launch press cars had blue Alcantara inserts on the dash, I wonder if they are obtainable.
Yes you are correct I'm giving blue a go this time, although got to say the previous black was quite classy. I picked up from somewhere the coloured inserts were only available on the home market, I agree they look rather swish. Been giving some thought to getting the s/wheel covered in alcantara w blue stitching, there's a highly recommended workshop alongside the coating guys, mm, more cash and the fishing season has just begun, maybe later.

Mike

·
Registered
140 Posts
Hi Mike,
The normal F3 boot liner doesn’t fit the RS very well, I got an RS specific one (for top floor level) on eBay which is okay if not quite the quality of the Audi one, didn’t realise the 8U one might have fitted.

The blue alcantara is nice but as you say the extended RS Design package including extended alcantara and tailored mats isn’t available in UK spec.

·
Super Moderator
3,723 Posts
Some blue interior pics:

·
Registered
372 Posts
Tks for the pics, I think the blue just brightens up the interior enough, I don't like too light a lining/interior, I would have gone for the door caps and the dash too had they been available in our market.
Car is undergoing PDI and then next door to Highland Polishers for the ceramic. On the road Mon 24th all going according to plan.

Mike

Reactions: Beanjunior

·
Super Moderator
3,723 Posts
Great - as you may recall I bought mine ex-stock - when the dealer sent through the obligatory video I recall being smitten with the interior - 16 months on it has aged well too.

·
Registered
1,665 Posts
Watch Wood Musical instrument Rectangle Clock

I bought this on ebay back in August for less than a tenner but can’t find one now.

·
Super Moderator
3,723 Posts
Nice - its blue, I'm sold!

41 - 57 of 57 Posts