Audi Q3 Owners Forum banner
1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All.

I've spent the past few weeks stalking the forum and I've finally pulled the trigger on an RSQ3.

Was set on a Sport Edition but by the time I added the C+S pack, Driver Assistance Pack and RS sports suspension plus (all musts for me) it made sense to go Vorsprung. Only other option then being colour - always thought I wanted Nardo Grey but when it actually became a reality Daytona Grey seemed a more sensible option despite the added cost.

I made the mistake of saying to the dealer I'd be happy for March delivery in order to get a new plate and order form says est delivery 31st March. Now I'm hoping it will be sooner!

Changing from a Cupra Ateca so excited for the additional 100bhp and the 5 cylinder soundtrack!

·
Registered
1,425 Posts
Hi and welcome to another RS’er.
I couldn’t cope with a wait like that. Once I’ve decided on something I want it NOW!

·
Registered
2016 RSQ3 Exclusive Java green.
537 Posts
Hi All.

I've spent the past few weeks stalking the forum and I've finally pulled the trigger on an RSQ3.

Was set on a Sport Edition but by the time I added the C+S pack, Driver Assistance Pack and RS sports suspension plus (all musts for me) it made sense to go Vorsprung. Only other option then being colour - always thought I wanted Nardo Grey but when it actually became a reality Daytona Grey seemed a more sensible option despite the added cost.

I made the mistake of saying to the dealer I'd be happy for March delivery in order to get a new plate and order form says est delivery 31st March. Now I'm hoping it will be sooner!

Changing from a Cupra Ateca so excited for the additional 100bhp and the 5 cylinder soundtrack!
Congratulations sounds great.
How did you find the Ateca?
I contemplated one at one point when I couldn't find my ideal RSQ3 but went SQ5 instead at the time

·
Super Moderator
3,321 Posts
Welcome and a great choice with Daytona Grey - Sportback or Est version?

·
Registered
2021 RSQ3 Sportback Sport Edition, Daytona Grey, C&S pack, red calipers.
53 Posts
That’s going to be a long wait….but worth it!

Love my Daytona Sportback, looks very menacing with the black alloys and red brake calipers.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Hi All.

my order is what you first specced :D i didn't like the wheels on the vorsprung so went for the sport edition and added everything but the carbon mirror caps, about a £500 option! i got a £6500 discount from drive the deal though so happy with that. ordered end july and being built on monday so don't think yours should be a march delivery unless you really want the new reg. will probably get built and sit in a forecourt somewhere anyway.

·
Super Moderator
3,321 Posts
That's a fabulous deal! It looks like the discount more than covers the cost of the options which is a blessing as we know aggressively ticking the option list isn't rewarded at trade-in time when one decides to move it on...I've been so guilty of that over the years :(, The current ride was bought ex-stock...

Reactions: Rebbitt123

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks all. Pleased to hear the feedback on the Daytona Grey as it was a tough decision. I've gone for the estate as its going to be our only car it needs to tick all the boxes.

Incredible deal Rebbitt mine wasn't quite as good but a decent discount and a very good price on the part ex made it an easy decision.

The Cupra is a great car, I have really enjoyed it, quick and practical and gets lots of looks and comments but coming from a Mk7 Golf GTI before and being from a family of Audi/VW drivers the build quality wasn't quite up to the price tag.

If it arrives in time for an early Jan pick up I'll take it for sure but any later I will wait for the 22 plate.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I got an update from the dealer today. Build week is currently week 42 so looks like I could be rolling in the RS sooner than anticipated. Any ideas on rough timeframe from build week to dealership?

·
Super Moderator
3,321 Posts
Typically its 3-4 weeks, can be 6 weeks or so.

Car is assembled, goes into QA for final checks, is loaded onto a rail car transporter and travels from Gyor in Hungary to the port of Emden in North Germany. The car waits, dock-side until the there are enough vehicles for a car transporter ship to load up - and then depending where your dealer is the the ship will dock at either Sheerness or Immingham up on Humberside.

If you fancy some daily torture you can see which car carriers are at the Emden port on Marinetraffic Port of EMDEN (DE EME) details - Departures, Expected Arrivals and Port Calls | AIS Marine Traffic

·
Registered
51 Posts
Mine was build week 35 (30th August) and came into port of entry Grimsby over the weekend so not far away after 2 weeks😀😀
Did also torture myself tracking the marine traffic from confirmation the car arrived at Emden last Friday but seemed to get straight on a car carrier😀😀👍👍

·
Super Moderator
3,321 Posts
You were very lucky Beanjunior! My last factory order Audi was an SQ5 and that sat at Emden for nearly three weeks - and then was probably loaded very early on, so was probably last off...

·
Registered
1,425 Posts
You were very lucky Beanjunior! My last factory order Audi was an SQ5 and that sat at Emden for nearly three weeks - and then was probably loaded very early on, so was probably last off...
Did it have all the others stacked on top of it? :oops:

·
Super Moderator
3,321 Posts
Reactions: DavidS

·
Registered
63 Posts
I got an update from the dealer today. Build week is currently week 42 so looks like I could be rolling in the RS sooner than anticipated. Any ideas on rough timeframe from build week to dealership?
mine was built w/c august 16th.. I’ll have it this Wednesday.. so pretty much dead on 4 weeks from build week to being on my drive 😬

had my Range Rover booked in to sell at evans halshaw tomorrow as they don’t charge fees and offered the highest price… then I thought I’d try motorway.co.uk as I’d heard good things…. and today they got me another £2k over evans halshaw.. crazy 😝 that’s £6.5k positive equity after the Range Rover finance is paid off.. unbelievable!

·
Registered
51 Posts
Yes, think I was really lucky😀😀
Audi CS confirmed left the factory on Monday, rechecked on Friday and was told ‘status 38 at Emden - released’ and saw vehicle carrier leave Friday headed for Grimsby on MarineTraffic.
Was a bit sceptical it was on it until confirmed this afternoon it was at Grimsby👍👍

·
Registered
51 Posts
mine was built w/c august 16th.. I’ll have it this Wednesday.. so pretty much dead on 4 weeks from build week to being on my drive 😬

had my Range Rover booked in to sell at evans halshaw tomorrow as they don’t charge fees and offered the highest price… then I thought I’d try motorway.co.uk as I’d heard good things…. and today they got me another £2k over evans halshaw.. crazy 😝 that’s £6.5k positive equity after the Range Rover finance is paid off.. unbelievable!
That’s really similar to me, WBAC upped offer on my 9 month old Edition 1 45TFSi to £500 more than I paid OTR and have just over £6.5k equity in it as well…..😀😀

Reactions: JHOWELLS

·
Super Moderator
3,321 Posts
The WBAC prices are crazy at the moment - they are offering more for mine than I paid for it 11 months ago.

·
Registered
117 Posts

Have said previously how good Motorway can be. They got me £9070 for my 62 TT Roadster a year ago against the “pre-negotiation” £7600 that WBAC were offering.

1 - 20 of 41 Posts