Audi Q3 Owners Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
For anyone who is ordering the car and wants your cover art from your iPhone to come up on the MMI display you need the RED grommet cable!
The blue cable will not show up your cover art.
This is a good resource for reference -http://wiki.audiworld.com/index.php/MMI_FAQ
<h1 ="firsting" style="-: none; font-weight: normal; margin-right: 0px; margin-bottom: 0.1em; margin-left: 0px; padding-top: 0.5em; padding-bottom: 0.17em; border-bottom-width: 1px; border-bottom-style: solid; border-bottom-color: rgb170, 170, 170; font-size: 24px; font-family: verdana, arial, geneva, sans-serif; line-height: 19.1875px;">MMI FAQ</h1><div id="" style="font-family: verdana, arial, geneva, sans-serif; font-size: 13px; line-height: 19.1875px;"><div id="Sub" style="font-size: 11px; line-height: 1.2em; margin: 0px 0px 1.4em 1em; color: rgb125, 125, 125; width: auto;"><div ="editsection" style=": right; margin-left: 5px;">[edit]<a name="3G_Nav.2B_MMI_Entertainment_Summary"></a><h2 style="color: black; -: none; font-weight: normal; margin: 0px 0px 0.6em; padding-top: 0.5em; padding-bottom: 0.17em; border-bottom-width: 1px; border-bottom-style: solid; border-bottom-color: rgb170, 170, 170; font-size: 19px; -: initial initial; -repeat: initial initial;">3G Nav+ MMI Entertainment Summary</h2>I thought it might be helpful (especially to our new C7 forum members) to provide a comprehensive info summary on the entertainment options available in the 2012+ A6, S6, A7 and S7 all in one place. I've gleaned the info from various sources and borrowed extensively on other's findings (as well as my own experience). If you see something that's incorrect or missing, please let me know and I'll update the post.
<div ="editsection" style=": right; margin-left: 5px;">[edit]<a name="Audi_MMI_3G_NAV.2B_Entertainment_s"></a><h2 style="color: black; -: none; font-weight: normal; margin: 0px 0px 0.6em; padding-top: 0.5em; padding-bottom: 0.17em; border-bottom-width: 1px; border-bottom-style: solid; border-bottom-color: rgb170, 170, 170; font-size: 19px; -: initial initial; -repeat: initial initial;">Audi MMI 3G NAV+ Entertainment Options</h2>Audi Music Interface (AMI) CablesAlbum Art and Video Supported:AMI Cable (part number 4E0 051 510 R withREDgrommet) Requires MMI software version 0467 or later to support video and album artApple Models Supported:• iPod touch (2G to 4G)• iPod Nano (6G)• iPhone (1 to 4s)• iPad (1G to 3G) (Note: IOS devices listed below that are not included in the above list, will not work at all with the RED Grommet cable)No Video or Album Art Supported:AMI Cable (Model 4F0 051 510 K withBLUEgrommet)Apple Models Supported:• iPod (3G w/USB support or later; earlier models utilized Firewire vs. USB and will not work)• iPod Nano (1G to 6G)• iPod Video (5G)• iPod Touch• iPod Classic• iPhone• iPadBlue or Red Grommet Cable Requiring Lightning adapter(album art only with red cable; no video supported with either cable)Apple models supported•iPhone 5•iPod Touch (5G)•iPad (4G)
Notes:- As of this date, Audis with Nav+ are being delivered equipped with the Blue Grommet AMI cable
- Bluetooth Audio should be turned off if using AMI cable on a device to avoid issues (Bluetooth Telephone is no problem)
- If using a Red Grommet cable with a supported video device, videos will not play when the car is moving. However, VIM
</pre>(Video In Motion) can be activated with a Vag-Com cable and VCDS software (how to do this is beyond the scope of this summary) - Audis with 2G Nav used a black grommet AMI cable which will not work properly with 3G Nav+ Audis (MY2012+)Other AMI Cables:- USB (supports portable hard drives, thumb drives, etc.); see below for file support - Mini Audio Jack (any device with a mini headphone out; no MMI control or display - control by device only)
Bluetooth Audio- Any source device that supports Bluetooth audio Pandora, Spotify, etc. - note with Apple IOS 6, track info is no longer supported; controlling tracks on MMI screen still works (IOS 6 switched to supporting only Bluetooth profile v1.4 and Audi uses v1.3)
SD Cards and Jukebox -(album art and video supported) There are two independently selected SD card slots. According to the manual for the MMI Nav+ system found in MY2013 there is no 4000 file limit on memory cards or USB devices as found the 2010-2012 models. 32GB SDHC cards are supported; SDXC cards can be used but must be formatted to FAT32.There are 2 restrictions listed in the manual. 1) Max of 5000 files per folder (no mention of max number of folders per card); (Jukebox - 3000 files) 2) Max of 1000 files per playlist Jukebox - 40GB hard drive; about 20GB available for mediaNote that older protected AAC files purchased prior to April 2009 on iTunes and copied to the card will not play from the card. (iTunes Match can replace these files with non-protected 256kbs versions or you can convert to unprotected MP3 files using a utility).Per the manual, MMI supports album art up to 800x800px embedded in the file of type JPEG, GIF, & PNG.The updated 2013 Nav+ system can play media files (MP3, AAC, WMA (V7-9), MPEG-1 and 2, DiVX, Xvid, H.264/MP4, and WMV9) up to 720x576px, up to 25FPS, with bit rates up to 2000kbit/sec.
DVD/CD PlayerMax of 5000 files, 1000 files per playlist Same supported files as SD cards and Jukebox

·
Registered
201 Posts
Very useful and may explain some of the problems I have been having with voice dialling via bluetooth, thanks.

·
Registered
137 Posts
The hard cable colour shouldn't affect any bluetooth operation Contrition. What's happening?

·
Registered
201 Posts
Hi Jadewoo, you are right, I should have posted more clearly and was referring to this part of suparockin's post.

"Bluetooth Audio- Any source device that supports Bluetooth audio
Pandora, Spotify, etc. - note with Apple IOS 6, track info is no longer
supported; controlling tracks on MMI screen still works (IOS 6 switched
to supporting only Bluetooth profile v1.4 and Audi uses v1.3)"

My phone is using ios 6.1.3, since I've updated the phone it still takes calls via the MMI but I can no longer receive live traffic info and the voice dialling is also no longer working. It seems to be a problem with the phone update, it isn't the car, I've tested it with another phone via bluetooth and it's fine. The phone and car pair as normal when I get into it but then after a short while the Nav screen requests that I pair the phone for live traffic updates and I can't do this any longer.

I've been looking for a workaround but if I can't find one I will either plug the phone in via a cable or buy a cheap "all you can eat data" sim card and put that in the car. I'd prefer not to do this though, seems a waste of money.

Anyway, suggestions gratefully received.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Our new q3 has the standard stereo/mmi (ie no satnav pre installed, hard drive, reversing cam) canes play video files from the sd card?

·
Registered
201 Posts
No, sadly not.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts