Audi Q3 Owners Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys,

I'm glad to be part of the forum now that I have received my Q3. I bought it in Germany, it's a 2013 Q3 2.0 tdi 177 s line quattro s tronic 7.

It is perfect but I'm quite disappointed because it seems I can call with my phone via Bluetooth but can't listen to music as it seems not supported.
I have bought an AMI cable on Amazon, I connected it, the phone is charging but It doesn't seem to be connected on the source menu.

What is the best option to listen to my music on Spotify without spending an arm?

Thanks in advance
Ed

·
Super Moderator
5,777 Posts
Hi, welcome to the club!

I have seen reports from various sources concerning cheap cables bought on Amazon, eBay etc. that will only work for charging, not data transfer, and I suspect this could be your problem. I know the genuine item is expensive (£20 plus) but it is worth it to know that it'll actually work.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hi Gromit,

Thanks for your reply! That's also what I am thinking and I don't mind spending additional euros/pounds to guarantee some good connectivity.

Do you know which cable I am supposed to choose on the Audi store?

Thanks
Best,
Ed

·
Registered
341 Posts
See this post in the forum... iphone connection

As Hawkeye says though, I also prefer to put music on an SD Card for in the car.
In saying that my i-phone 6 works fine on Bluetooth for both phone and music.

·
Super Moderator
5,777 Posts
I also find the easiest and most reliable method of storing and playing music is via the SD card slot in the dash. Simple, quick, easy to prepare and so far (six years in) totally reliable. I don't use an iPhone (much prefer Android - far better Bluetooth implementation).

·
Registered
1,873 Posts
Hi guys,

I'm glad to be part of the forum now that I have received my Q3. I bought it in Germany, it's a 2013 Q3 2.0 tdi 177 s line quattro s tronic 7.

It is perfect but I'm quite disappointed because it seems I can call with my phone via Bluetooth but can't listen to music as it seems not supported.
I have bought an AMI cable on Amazon, I connected it, the phone is charging but It doesn't seem to be connected on the source menu.

What is the best option to listen to my music on Spotify without spending an arm?

Thanks in advance
Ed
OK, what phone do you have? There is a list somewhere of compatible devices - the least flexible (as always) are Apple who tend not to implement all of the Bluetooth protocol stack.

Check here:
Audi Bluetooth Phone Compatibility Checker

·
Registered
399 Posts
I you buy a new genuine, it's better to buy the one with the red grommet, it supports video playback for some iPhone and iPod models from source unit, it's nice to have. I had tested with iPod nano 5th generation

1 - 7 of 7 Posts