Audi Q3 Owners Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all, I've just found you as I was searching information on a new Q3. I currently drive an A3 cabriolet, but we're looking at a Q3 as we have 3 German shepherds so it will be much more practical. My only concern is the economy. I don't do big mileage, approx 11k a year, and mostly just the 7 miles back and forth to work and a few trips on a weekend. I use about £25 worth of diesel a week at the moment, what can I expect to get from a new Q3? How does everyone else find its economy.
Edited by: Bluetts

·
Super Moderator
6,223 Posts
Hi, and welcome to the forum!

I can't answer personally as mine is a 2.0TFSI petrol, but I have seen averages reported on this forum of anything from 45mpg upwards for diesel Q3s. Mrs G has a 1.4TFSI A3 Sportback and my Q3 is almost as frugal on fuel as hers is, so all in all I think you'll be perfectly happy with the 2.0TDI's fuel consumption.

The majority of members here are TDI pilots so I'm sure a few of them can give you more accurate info than I can.

·
Registered
227 Posts
Hi Bluetts and welcome to the forum. I've been driving my 177 SE Quattro TDI, since May 12. Mostly short journeys but had a few hols where I have clocked up a fair few miles. Currently averaging 45mpg. I'm intrigued with the idea of 3 German Shepherds in the back! I hope you have haven't opted for the spare wheel which raises the boot floor?

·
Registered
485 Posts
You don't say which Q3 you are looking at. The 2wd's are certainly better than the 4wd's- I have had both (diesels) and I would say that 5mpg difference is about right.

In this cold weather I am down at least 5mpg, so only averaging about 38-40mpg on trips to and from work- (10 miles each way). Overall average since new though has been 45.5mpg.

·
Registered
134 Posts
Hi Bluetts, My Q3 is Quattro 177 bhp and manual, i have done just over 2k miles now andgetting slightlyless than SETIG about 36-38mpg on journey of about 5 miles, low 40's on a run, hope this improves a bit when I have a few miles on the clock. Used to own a Golf GT sport (140bhp) which used to deliver at least 45mpg, so I have notice I amgoing to the pumps a bit more often!

·
Registered
40 Posts
Welcome Bluetts!5 weeks and 4100 miles in (car had 3600 when I bought it) and my overall average is 46.3mpg, although 95% of my journeys are more than 60 miles with a lot of carriageway/motorways. Worst average so far has been 43.8 (ish) and best 50.4- oddly enough coming back from Croydon yesterday afternoon in quite heavy traffic! The weather and air pressure definitely has a big influence!Hope that helps ;-)Slim

·
Registered
103 Posts
50mpg with mixed driving over the last 12 months

·
Registered
613 Posts
35k miles in the last 18 months - and mpg is up into the late 40s/early 50s without any stress...

Not sure about 3 x German Shepherds in the back though!

·
Registered
32 Posts
I have 2.0 litre D triptonic quatro have now 4500 miles on clock and average between 43 and 47 mpg depending on type of journey

·
Super Moderator
6,223 Posts
Is there anybody on this forum who ISN'T nursing a mental image of three shepherds in the back, clutching their crooks and babbling on in German?

...or is it me who needs to get out more?

·
Registered
107 Posts
3 dogs in the Q3 boot??? I struggle to get a buggy and a couple of shopping bags in there!

·
Registered
485 Posts
Gromit said:
Is there anybody on this forum who ISN'T nursing a mental image of three shepherds in the back, clutching their crooks and babbling on in German?

...or is it me who needs to get out more?

You read far too much into these posts. (bet one is a sheperdess
)

·
Super Moderator
6,223 Posts
Nah - if so she'd be in the front seat, sans crook, within knee-groping distance.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Thank you all for your comments... They've been really helpful and on the economy side, positive... You have made me laugh about the shepherd issue, they're all family so they just have to get cosy... Thankfully the two girls are small for Germans, though the dog is quite a big bear... I'll let you know how we get on

·
Registered
485 Posts
Come on Gromit- put your twist on the last comments.....

·
Super Moderator
6,223 Posts
I think I've pushed my luck far enough for one thread - I shan't dare go anywhere near Cardiff for a while, anyway.

·
Registered
304 Posts
Small German girls and the dog's a bear? ???

1 - 18 of 18 Posts