Audi Q3 Owners Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
In the owners manual there is a bit about an option in the MMI to make the car 'chirp' on locking. I cannot find this option in the MMI - Does anyone else have this option active on their cars?

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Looking closer at the manual I see that the 1)</font> denotes that "This function is not available on all export versions"

·
Super Moderator
6,233 Posts
Shame. My neighbour is a night-worker and always comes home at too-friggin-early o'clock in the morning when I'm trying to kip. The chirrup of his bloody alarm can be heard two streets away.

....I was hoping to get my own back.

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I would have found it handy, I'm always double & triple checking I've locked my car

·
Registered
1,363 Posts
Did the EU not bring in some noise polution law, which is why we don't get the chirp and your car/house alarm only goes off for 30secs before reset.

Watch the steering wheel when you get your car Gromit, all to easy to graze past the horn when getting in
Be a shame if it beeped now and again while you're getting used to it.

·
Super Moderator
6,233 Posts
Now THERE'S a thought....

I wonder what it takes to <cough>accidentally<cough> trigger the alarm? Hmmm....

(wanders off, plotting)

Edited by: Gromit

·
Registered
85 Posts
Phill-uk said:
In the owners manual there is a bit about an option in the MMI to make the car 'chirp' on locking. I cannot find this option in the MMI
This can be done withVCDS (VAGCOM)

Edited by: AfAX

1 - 7 of 7 Posts