Audi Q3 Owners Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My wife and I are on the point of buying an S-Line Q3 but are undecided between the merits of the standard cloth/leather option or the higher cost alcantara/leather option for the seats etc.

Does anyone have any experience of both types, specifically with regard to keeping them clean (no kids or dogs), durability and their ability to keep looking like new for as long as possible?

·
Registered
115 Posts
JNRW said:
My wife and I are on the point of buying an S-Line Q3 but are undecided between the merits of the standard cloth/leather option or the higher cost alcantara/leather option for the seats etc.

Does anyone have any experience of both types, specifically with regard to keeping them clean (no kids or dogs), durability and their ability to keep looking like new for as long as possible?
I haven't got mine yet but in my opinion the Nappa Leather seems nicer than the Alacantra.

·
Registered
563 Posts
Hi
I would go with the Alcantara (I wish I had), I had full leather in my last car and tbh I think fully leather wears quickly.
Alcantara has been around for a long time now and you don't hear of many problems, it doesn't feel too hot or cold with the weather and adds a classy touch to the interior.

·
Registered
111 Posts
Alcantara if it's in your budget ;)

·
Registered
264 Posts
I have alcantara and find its warm in the winter and cool in the summer
had mine for 17 months now still looks like it came out of the showroom yesterday
however I don't have any pets or children , so could not say how it would be after it has been subjected to crisps pop toffes etc
or dog hairs for 12 months

·
Registered
11 Posts
I have 2 kids and the alcantara is still looking as good as it did when I got the car 5 months ago!
In MHO alcantara looks better than leather and is warmer in winter and cooler in summer.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts