Audi Q3 Owners Forum banner

21 - 29 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
1,984 Posts
Fascinating project backed up by really well executed video footage and voice over.
Any other upgrades planned ?

Cheers Spike

Reactions: Idiocratease

·
Registered
Audi Q3 2015, S Line Plus, 2.0 TDI, Automatic
23 Posts
Hello Alan,

Did you encounter any additional vibration noises from the upgraded sound system?

I have the basic Audi stereo system in my Q3 and after removing the door cards, there were a lot of vibrations from the plastic interior panel and the clips.

Did you install any sound deadening material?

Thanks,

Brandon

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
Hello Alan,

Did you encounter any additional vibration noises from the upgraded sound system?

I have the basic Audi stereo system in my Q3 and after removing the door cards, there were a lot of vibrations from the plastic interior panel and the clips.

Thanks,

Brandon
Hi Brandon, not at all, but that reminds me that I shot a bit of video addressing this as part of the install... I have been able to crank up the volume to blowing the head giblet levels. ...here it is..

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #24
i realise that there is also a lot of learning and aspects in the tuning, so I will post a video in a little while with the outcome, and also share my Tun file with the settings and PEQ filters to get the sound I like... will be a weeks or so yet...

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #25
Fascinating project backed up by really well executed video footage and voice over.
Any other upgrades planned ?

Cheers Spike
Thanks Spike.. no plans at the moment... just hoping my aching bones calm down from this one ;)

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #26
Hello Alan,

Thanks,

Brandon
Just following up on the video, check out the door clip mechanism... it might be that when you put the door card back in the clips were not in released mode, so maybe they are not pushed in right... thus not properly holding the door card in place... I could imagine this might be the cause of rattles... I found by making sure the clips were in released mode ( with the 4 lugs up against the white plastic end), than the doors went back very securely... need to be really careful about lining the white ends with the hole before pushing home... new clips are really cheap from Audi...cheers alan

·
Registered
Audi Q3 2015, S Line Plus, 2.0 TDI, Automatic
23 Posts
Just following up on the video, check out the door clip mechanism... it might be that when you put the door card back in the clips were not in released mode, so maybe they are not pushed in right... thus not properly holding the door card in place... I could imagine this might be the cause of rattles... I found by making sure the clips were in released mode ( with the 4 lugs up against the white plastic end), than the doors went back very securely... need to be really careful about lining the white ends with the hole before pushing home... new clips are really cheap from Audi...cheers alan
Hi Alan,

Thanks for your reply.

I watched your video. With my clip holder housings, they cracked aswell. I replaced with some JB Plastic Weld.

The door panel was still rattling, so I used rubber tape and foam behind the door cards. Seems to have solved the problem 👌🏼

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #29
Ok, if you make it through this video, your nerd dial is at 11 🤣

After all that good measuring stuff, the listening is telling me more than the measurements have... I am further working on the sub integration and (as is more normal) putting a gap between the crossover frequencies (rather than overlap as in the video)... interestingly this is resolving issues that I had treated with PEQ, and so it may be that no EQ and better sub vs mid woofers is a more effective solution.... a learning experience 😅

21 - 29 of 29 Posts