Audi Q3 Owners Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, I've had the Q3 for a few months now and I'm generally very pleased with it.

The S tronic box is great and the handling and performance are also very good.

My only real area of discontent id the advanced key. Locking the car is a very hit or miss affair - it only works first time very occasionally, and I end up standing at the door like a right numpty!

I've searched though the fourm and tried changing my position (standing near the door, away from the door, straight on, at an angle....I've tried softly touching the button, pushing it hard, gently blowing on it (well perhaps not) so I'm beginning to think there is a sensor problem.

Before I take it back to the dealer, can anyone confirm that it should work better than this or advise of anything else I should try?

·
Registered
432 Posts
Hi Teuchter.

Absolutely nothing to do with your query. But I thought I recognised your user name from the KOC forum, good to see another (reasonably) happy convert to the Q3.
Like you, the new Kuga was not for me and my move to the Q3 has been nothing other than positive from my point of view

·
Registered
107 Posts
When I first got my car I was making the mistake of putting my fingers through the handle as if I was opening the door and trying to press the sensor with my thumb. Don't put your other fingers in / on the handle.. Just extend your index finger and touch the sensor. Works every time for me now.

·
Registered
432 Posts
Aaaaahhhh! That Phill!!!
Hope the Q3 doesn't meet the same end.

Bit of a trend here methinks

·
Registered
107 Posts
doubt it'd be cheap or easy if you could!Edited by: Phill-uk

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Phill-uk said:
When I first got my car I was making the mistake of putting my fingers through the handle as if I was opening the door and trying to press the sensor with my thumb. Don't put your other fingers in / on the handle.. Just extend your index finger and touch the sensor. Works every time for me now.
Hi Phill,

This is what I have been doing, but it's very hit and miss - always locks eventually but very seldom first touch.

My Kuga had a wee button where the Q3 sensor is and it never failed to lock, and you could also unlock a rear door (not saying on this forum that it was better)...

·
Registered
518 Posts
PhillI find it works the vast majority of the time, and usually only the lightest touch is needed. Sometimes, however, it doesn't work at all (usually when unlocking) and so I end up having to use the key.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts