Audi Q3 Owners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
563 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My windscreen washer jets need adjusting, they are too low, the problem is I just can't get near the things to adjust them
Anybody had any luck doing this ?

·
Registered
613 Posts
Had to adjust mine after my windscreen replacement.... Used a long needlework pin - they are a bit concealed, aren't they!

·
Registered
563 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Jules said:
Had to adjust mine after my windscreen replacement.... Used a long needlework pin - they are a bit concealed, aren't they!
Yes they are, bit of a nightmare really.When you say a long needlework pin how long are you talking about ?

·
Registered
100 Posts
slightly off topic but do you know how to set the windscreen wipers into the upright mode for cleaning the car as I don't think you can pull them out as they will hit the bonnet.

·
Super Moderator
6,027 Posts
Yup. Turn the ignition ON, then OFF, then hit the flickwipe lever.

·
Registered
100 Posts
Thank you, i tried turning the car off with the wipers on but they reset theirself

·
Registered
563 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Da2922 said:
Thank you, i tried turning the car off with the wipers on but they reset theirself
HiTurn the car off, remove the key and hold the wiper lever in the down position

·
Registered
613 Posts
Del said:
Jules said:
Yes they are, bit of a nightmare really.When you say a long needlework pin how long are you talking about ?
it's about 5cm long - about the thickness of a normal pin!
My washers were both spraying out to the side - perfect for catching passing cyclists...

·
Registered
563 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks Jules, I'll have a look and see what I can find.BTW I am a keen cyclist

·
Registered
613 Posts
In the hot weather I bet you'd have loved being overtaken by my rolling water-dispenser!
The water was going everywhere but on the screen...

·
Registered
563 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
As long as you use the lemon flavour VAG screen wash

·
Registered
826 Posts
Just had to do mine, the middle 1 drivers side wasn't working at all and the right hand 1 of the 3 was doing the "get a passing cyclist" trick.
What a mission, looked at it with the bonnet up but that's a total no go so persevered with a needle from Mrs H's box and got there in the end.
I assume every Audi dealer employs a double jointed contortionist

·
Registered
2,704 Posts
There is a special "Draper" produced tool I have one someone on in the forum has the details! I will look back and see if I can dig the details up? Oh and it works that's a change!

·
Registered
414 Posts
Yorky said:
There is a special "Draper" produced tool I have one someone on in the forum has the details! I will look back and see if I can dig the details up
Yes please Yorky. I gave up! Tried a magnifying mirror resting on the scuttle but couldn't tell my reft from my light. Went into Poole Audi and they reset them all for me about 10 days ago. However, one has started to wander already.
My guess is a rod with a flat bottom conical bore with a central pin but whatever it looks like I need to get my hands on one soon so I wish you luck with your digging.
Cheers Andy

·
Registered
5,413 Posts

·
Registered
171 Posts
I adjust mine with a pin but I open the bonnet and remove the jets from the bonnet then make the adjustment and clip them back in. It's a bit of a faff but easier than leaning across the bonnet.

·
Registered
654 Posts
Howler said:
the right hand 1 of the 3 was doing the "get a passing cyclist" trick.
I can't quite understand why this is but whenever I've been held up by a gaggle (or is it a sanctimoniousness?) of lycra clad cyclists I find I have to clean my windscreen as I pass them, sometimes the headlights have to be washed too

·
Registered
414 Posts
Boxbrownie said:
Funnily enough I finally gave in and adjusted my "cyclist sprayer" two days ago......yes it is a bit tricky with the jest tucked well under the rear of the hood, but using the Draper tool made it a little easier, certainly than trying to use a needle.  Got mine from this seller, very fast post and the genuine article.
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Draper-WNT-Expert-Vehicle-Washer-Jet-Cleaning-Tool-/351984637807?hash=item51f3eb576f:g:bIwAAOSwrhBZCB7F
Thanks BB, got one on order

1 - 20 of 24 Posts