Audi Q3 Owners Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,I received my new Q3 this morning. It's an S-tronic SE in black. I ordered it in January.. and so after waiting 9 months I was very excited... but I realised as soon as I walked up to it today I had some huge regrets about the options I chose. Well, actually that feeling was compounded by the fact it arrived with a cracked rear light, no floor mats, one key doesn't work properly and wrong alloys fitted :(
Basically even if the above are fixed I still feel I've made a big options mistake!! At the time of ordering I was trying to be sensible with money so only added the 18 inch alloys (although they fitted the wrong ones) and the sat nav system and space saver tyre.I wish I'd gone for leather seats, and actually wish I'd gone for the S Line version.Does anyone know if/how I could add leather seats, but most importantly does anyone know if there are any audi approved exterior kit options that could help me out to make it look more like the SLine, 19 inch alloys, and how easy it is to have them added after?
Thanks!

·
Registered
264 Posts
if you type upgrade to leather seats in the search box top right of the page it will show you a couple of comments already made .if your not happy with the state of your car , damage light , wrong wheels etc , can you not reject it and re order an s/line , or get your dealer to search to see if there is one in stock somewhere .hope you get something sorted out

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thanks very much for your response.I'm waiting to hear back from the dealer but don't hold a huge amount of hope from similar stories i heard at work today (it's a company car)... so would like to see what i might be able to do.I did just realise one of the things that might have caught me off guard is that I live in Germany but as I didn't speak German they told me to use the UK configurator, I just realised that on the UK one the SE seems to have chrome roof rails and door trim but on the German site it doesn't... that must be part of my suprise of what it looked like. Is that true that the SE has chrome in the UK? Thanks!

·
Registered
140 Posts
HiIn the UK both SE and S Line versions have aluminium roof rails and window surrounds. Black rails are a cost option. I hope you get your problems sorted.

·
Registered
188 Posts
Mark67 said:
Hi In the UK both SE and S Line versions have aluminium roof rails and window surrounds.  Black rails are a cost option. I hope you get your problems sorted.
In Japan, it's the opposite, the aluminum roof rails and window chrome are part of the high gloss package.

·
Registered
563 Posts
HiTo make your Q3 look like an S Line you would need to change front, rear bumpers, sill/lower doortrimand the lights (if you haven't got the LED/Xenon pack), it's not impossible but it would probably cost a lot.Here's a link to somebody who did it to a Q5, so you can see the work involved....http://www.myaudiq5.com/index.php/topic/1402-my-q5-tfsi-presentation/I am really surprised you took delivery of that car in the state it was in, I would have rejected it.
Edited by: Del

·
Registered
563 Posts
Mark67 said:
HiIn the UK both SE and S Line versions have aluminium roof rails and window surrounds. Black rails are a cost option. I hope you get your problems sorted.
HiBlack roof rails are a no cost option in the UK.

·
Registered
80 Posts
Del said:
I am really surprised you took delivery of that car in the state it was in, I would have rejected it.

At least for me those issues sound rather minor..

Most likely the rear light has broken during the delivery and I'm 100% sure that the dealer will fix it (should have been fixed before the car was given to the customer).

Missing floor mats can be easily given from the stock, the key can be replaced with a new one and if the correct alloys are in the contract then those should be deliver to the customer without any problems.

The bottom line is that the dealer should be able to fix all the problems quite easily..

·
Registered
518 Posts
The easiest thing to do is reject the car, but if you do so, you must do it straight away and not give the dealer the opportunity to put things right. You would reject the car on the grounds that it is not of merchandable quality. The dealer will argue that the problems are not mateiral (true!) but you would counter argue that there are so many issues of quality control etc that you fear there may well be other hidden problems yet to surface, and that you have lost confidence in the vehicle. As for the dealer, they will fix the problems and sell the car to someone else. I feel no sympathy for them as they appear to have failed miserably in checking the car prior to delivery.As daytona said, once you reject you can reorder an sline to your spec. You are the customer, so take advantage of this opportunity that has presented itself. But act quickly and decisively, and tell your company fleet manager in the first instance, if your company is the actual customer.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thanks everyone for your comments and suggestions. I will speak to the dealer tomorrow morning first thing and see what can be done. I didn't reject it outright (kicking myself a bit on that one) so I'm not sure they'll be too agreeable to me going against the process and giving it back for a re-order. This is Germany after all ;)I agree the issues aren't major but, not great service by any means.It was my mistake on not ordering the SLine or leather seats so I'll see what they can do to help me on that one. I have to say I absolutely love driving it so at least that's a major thing that's worked out!!Will update as soon as I know!Thanks again, really appreciate it.

·
Registered
563 Posts
SemiQ said:
Del said:
I am really surprised you took delivery of that car in the state it was in, I would have rejected it.

At least for me those issues sound rather minor..

Most likely the rear light has broken during the delivery and I'm 100% sure that the dealer will fix it (should have been fixed before the car was given to the customer).

Missing floor mats can be easily given from the stock, the key can be replaced with a new one and if the correct alloys are in the contract then those should be deliver to the customer without any problems.

The bottom line is that the dealer should be able to fix all the problems quite easily..
I'm sorry but minor or not a 30k car should be presented and deliveredin perfect condition, Audi consider themselves asa premium brand.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts