Audi Q3 Owners Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Evening AllJust thought I'd share the following.Since picking up the car I've always had the headlights set for auto. On driving home (dark A road)the other evening I hit a bit of fog so thought I'd put on the fog lights. Having not done this before I could not remember if the front came on first or the rear so slowly pulled the switch out to see which came on first (it's front then rear by the way).However, when pulling the switch (set on auto don't forget)it turns itself to side lights which are of course no good on an unlit winding road, quick panic and I switched all the way round to headlights,recovered my heart rate, turned off the fog lights and left the switch well alone.Having read the manual it looks like you should only use the fogs lights when not in the auto position. Lesson learnt.I also learnt that the adaptive function only works in auto setting. So just in case you've spent a shed load on your Xenons and want the most out of them always keep you lights on auto (unless you want to use the fog lights of course). Make sure your in auto prior to turning the key so that the lights go through their self leveling dance.All a bit weird but I guess there's a reason.Mark.

·
Registered
613 Posts
The light switch does the same with non-Xenons - i.e. to activate the fog lights, as you pull it, the switch moves round from the Auto to Side-light position - I had a similar experience!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts