Audi Q3 Owners Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
RSQ3 2020 Mythos Black Standard Config
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone know whether it is possible to retrofit Adaptive Cruise Control. My 2021 RSQ3 only has the standard cruise control.

·
Super Moderator
2,898 Posts
Probably:
KUFATEC

You'd need to give Kufatec your VIN number. It looks like the Std RSQ3 has provision for the sensor in the front radiator grille - that square object at the bottom centre.

·
Super Moderator
6,171 Posts
Bearing in mind the reported problems with Adaptive Cruise Control I'm not sure it'd be a good idea!

Reactions: DavidS

·
Super Moderator
2,898 Posts
Agreed...personally speaking when I need the car to do the driving task I'll be taking a bus instead 😕

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I have found it pretty useful on the continent especially France on long tedious motorway journeys. In the UK they're all but useless with our congested roads.

·
Super Moderator
6,171 Posts
Here's a random thought...

All the reported problems with ACC have been when passing slower vehicles on the lefthand side. As the vast majority of Q3s will be LHD, I wonder if the bug is confined to RHD vehicles and is due to the same code being used for the control software in both?

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
My Passat had the same problem but so did my recent F Pace.

·
Super Moderator
2,898 Posts
My concern for Ballon would be that ACC is buggy in some Q3' not sure the issue has ever been reported in the RS version however he'd be on his own - there would be no warranty as such.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Hi Guys,
I'm not aware of the adaptive cruise control problems reported and recently ordered a car with adaptive cruise control as part of the driver assist package. Mostly I wanted the side assist and the front/rear parking sensors. However I was planning use the adaptive cruise control on long motorway journeys (i drive a lot to visit family) and also perhaps in stop start traffic in London for my commutes. Is there a known issue with adaptive cruise control that makes it unsafe?

·
Registered
1,117 Posts
Even in Europe or the US, I get bored with cruise control and go back to real driving after about 10 miles.
I would certainly struggle with trusting it to slow quickly enough to not hit the car in front when the driver slams his brakes on to take a phone call.

·
Registered
2016 RSQ3 Exclusive Java green.
381 Posts
I had the ACC on my 2015 S3
When I swapped to a 2015 SQ5 I really missed it and spent a small fortune and many hours retrofitting it.
I know it's a different platform but it was involved and needed coding up with dealer level equipment and proper alignment.
It worked flawlessly though and I would do it again if the 8U supported it.
I've no Idea what's involved on the F3 but I can't see it being straightforward.
The only real downside of ACC that I found is that you end up sitting behind the car infont as they slow down

1 - 12 of 12 Posts