Audi Q3 Owners Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello Everybody, Found this excellent site a couple of weeks ago,and been following the ups and downs of you all since.So took the plunge and joined today.I ordered my Q3 TDI S-line S-tronic in Daytona Grey on 18th April 2012.For those of you about to,or thinking of ordering,I was given an initial build date of week 45,some time in Nov.But Audi have just contacted my dealer bringing thisforward to Wk 39 Sept 23rd.(Come to Daddy)
Whilst I still have the option to add bits and pieces,I was wondering if any of you guys (or girls)have the colour DIS.If so,is it any bigger than the standard - Any clearer - and just what bits are coloured.Also is there any point of the Hill Hold assist.On the demoI tried, the foot brake seemed to hold on the hand brake when moving off !! So whats thedifference with Hill Hold.Finally (sorry about this) Ive been reading the views of some regarding the supplied Tyre repair kit.Being very affraid,I contacted my dealer and asked the question.Does this kit trash the tyre.HIS reply "Some solutions do ruin the tyre,the sort you can get in Halfords.But the solution that Audi use IS EASILY RINSED OUT" discuss. Do I need a spare wheel !!!! Cheers

·
Registered
563 Posts
Hi WalWelcome to the forum.I have the colour DIS, it is a high resolution display compared to the main centre display, I like it but I don't know how different it is compared to the standard display.Can't help with the hill hold either, but I can tell you thatwhen you apply the standard electronic handbrake,it will disengage by itself even on a hill.The spare space saver wheel is £75, just go for it, it will cost you over £200 if you change your mind later.

·
Registered
485 Posts
I have the Hill hold assist on my Tiguan. Basically when switched on every time you stop it applies the brakes for you and releases automatically was you move away. Very useful in stop start traffic and saves applying the electronic handbrake every time. However I have not ordered it as an extra on my Q3.

We also have an A1 and the comments coming back on that web site is that using the tyre repair sealant generally means that tyre dealers would prefer to fit a new tyre rather than repair it. However some will repair it, so read what you will into that. For that reason I have ordered a spare tyre just in case the tyre sealant is not effective due to the hole being too large.

Hope this helps.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks Del, I think I will probably go for the colour DIS,as the higher resolution can only but help my 60+year old eyes.I think the "Hill Hold" does seem a bit redundant,unless someone knows better.The more I think about venturing into the wilderness without a spare,the more likely £70 is going to leave my wallet for a wheel,Its a bargain. Cheers

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks SETIG All these comments are being absorbed, +++ Great

·
Registered
59 Posts
Just bear in mind that you lose some boot space as the floor is raised to accommodate the spare wheel. I considered it an option but I have only had one puncture in 10 years and that was on a rental. I'd rather have the extra boot space.

Edited by: Dinkum

·
Registered
113 Posts
My TT only has the air compressor and i was a bit worried at first but your new car will come with breakdown cover for 3 years so that should give you some peace of mind.

Luckily i've never had to use the compressor or foam.

·
Registered
563 Posts
This should help anybody having doubts about ordering the space saver, my Audi dealer quoted me £280 for one 18" tyre
if you have to call out Audi assist because the tyre repaired kit will not work this is probably what you will end up being charged, believe me these tyres are less than half that on-line, the space saver will give you time to shop around.Check the cost of tyres from Audi here....http://www.audi.co.uk/owners-area/audi-tyres/online-quotation.html

·
Registered
24 Posts
Hi,
I have my TDI on order (same spec but in Glacier White), and after much thought, I opted for the Space Saver - I prefer having a real spare tyre, even if it does lessen the boot space......just personal preference and it is what I am used to....I have been thinking of ordering roof bars and hiring a roof box (available from my local dealer for £20 per week) to allow me extra luggage space whenever I need it for hols!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts