Audi Q3 Owners Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, i just got a new Q3, and i m all puzzled with my AC behaviour.

As i speed up , i have my AC fan that is increasing along with my speed too, and this to me is little disturbing, is there a way to disable this ?

Please help me .

Thanks so so much.

elaine

·
Registered
69 Posts
Mine is the same, would love a response too :)

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
so glad that i m not alone..this has been troubled me since i got the car few weeks ago ..

any expert out there that can help?

elaine

·
Registered
76 Posts
Hello no expert but I believe it is because the actual temp inside the car is higher or lower than what is set onthe system and if in auto mode, will look to match the set temp as quickly as possible hence high fan speed in order to circulate air as quickly as possible, fan slows down once that is matched. Hope this helps.

·
Registered
518 Posts
yes, auto function needs to be disabled to avoid this. The purpose of the auto function, as DBQ3 has stated, is to bring the inside of the car to the set temperature as quickly as possible, and keep it there. So if the car is initially very hot (ie left standing in hot sun) then the fan will be on full initially and gradually slow down as the set temperature is approached. You cancheck this out by increasing theset temperatureuntil the fan slows down (eg if the fanslows down when the selected temperature is increased to, say, 26C, then that istheactual interior temperature).The same thing happens in winter if you get in a cold car, and the interior needs to be heated, though bear in mind the fan itself will not go to maximum until there is sufficient water temperature to provide heat.I do not understand when you say the AC fan increases along with engine speed. Is this something that is just coincidental with the above explanation, or something else entirely?

·
Registered
76 Posts
Following on from my earlier comments, as far as I can tell it only increases initially as you drive off and then settles down to a constant speed and then reduces as temp falls.
Edited by: DBQ3

·
Registered
107 Posts
Yes, it's just the 'Climate Control' behaving as it should.

·
Registered
85 Posts
It's indeed not speeding up when your speed goes up, but speeding up when it has enough energy. It's a behaviour lik in all my previous cars.What I find a pitty is that the sound of the car radio goes up when speed goes up, but they didn't think about the sound of the AC overpowering the radio. I don't understand why the radio doesn't go up when the AC is on a noisy full power.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
thanks for all your response, but for my car, is really the case, even after we had been driving for quite some time, and the temperature in the car has reached the set temperature...but when speed up the speed, the fan speed increase too..

to me this is not a normal case.

·
Registered
184 Posts
Elaine, in your case, I'd give your Audi garage a call and book it in to be checked out. I am sure they will be only too happy to help

1 - 11 of 11 Posts