Audi Q3 Owners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
</font>So a short while back I penned a topic whether I should go for the
petrol or diesel. having driven the petrol I thought it very noisy and growly
hence my dilemma to order diesel, but I really wanted petrol.

</font>Anyhow I discovered a nearly new petrol 1.4 COD with virtually no miles
on it.

</font>Boy what a difference - no growly noise
<!--if gte vml 1>

</v:ulas>

<o:lock v:ext="edit" aspectratio="t"/>
</v:shape>

</v:shape>

</font>The dealer wasn't handing out any inducements for me to buy so decided
to take to carwow and see what I could negotiate new.very impressed with Carwow and got 5 replies back!

</font>One dealer impressed me very much (Audi Bristol) and gave me a cracking
incentive for me to order so I am waiting for him to return from holidays later
this week then going to order so I have it for the new plate in September as he
said that would more than likely be the time it will be available

</font>

</font>My specs are:

</font>

</font>·
Metallic
Paint (Hainan Blue)<u5:p></u5:p>

</font>·
Comfort Pack
with Parking Plus<u5:p></u5:p>

</font>·
Audi Sound
System<u5:p></u5:p> 10 speaker

</font>·
Hill Hold
Assist<u5:p></u5:p>

</font>·
Technology
Pack (the upgraded / better Sat Nav for my poor eyes!!)Is there anything else I should be detailing in your opinion?

</font>

</font>I can't wait for the dealer to return from holiday

</font><u5:p>

</font>

</font></u5:p>

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
forgot to mention going for the S-line!

·
Registered
104 Posts
Hi Railman

Good choice! I have the 1.4 COD and it's a lovely engine. Cruises effortlessly on motorways and very responsive round town. I am sure you will be pleased with your decision.

I didn't spec them on mine but many members recommend the internal light pack. Not too expensive but apparently very effective.

·
Registered
2,177 Posts
Yes I agree. The interior LED option is worth it as I regret not having it on mine. I also like the colour DIS as well which I think now comes as standard with the Technology pack. I also would choose the Speed Limit Display which is a no cost option.When you pick up the car, get the salesman to throw in a couple of leads for free that will connect your phone to the car which can be found in the arm rest.

·
Super Moderator
5,640 Posts
Another vote for the interior LED lighting pack - the effect is great and without it the interior light is minimal to say the least. You'll kick yourself if you don't go for it, trust me.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
</font>Brilliant guys

</font>I did think of the light pack but wasn't sure it would be effective

</font>I'll definitely be speaking to my man about that

</font>Funny enough I hired a Nissan
Qashqai while on holiday in Germany last week and that had the speed indicator
on and I wondered if it worked OK in the UK?

</font>Another free option

</font>

</font>Last week we had arranged to visit the Audi factory tour
near Heilbrom but unfortunately, due to the bad floods in south Germany early
last week it had to be cancelled. Would have been nice to see the production
line (I know the Q3 isn't built there - pity).

</font>Hopefully my dealer man is back tomorrow to start the
order.

</font>

</font>Thanks again for your input.

</font>Really like this forum

</font>

·
Registered
1,815 Posts
Something to be aware is the latest standard Xenon headlights are the lower power versions. Manufacturers are using them because they don't require headlamp washers or self levelling but are a step up from halogen bulbs.Owner feedback is mixedso if you have been used to 'full fat' Xenons and consider powerful headlights are a must, then check out theLED option

Cheers Spike

·
Registered
5,413 Posts
I'd never order another WITHOUT the Panoramic Roof, in fact mine was already a dealer ordered car just built on the system when I went into my dealer, he found it and it had everything (and more) then we wanted APART from the roof...next time there will be a roof with a hole in it!

Bonus of course is if your order the roof you get the LED interior pack with it.

·
Registered
5,413 Posts
spike said:
Something to be aware is the latest standard Xenon headlights are the lower power versions. Manufacturers are using them because they don't require headlamp washers or self levelling but are a step up from halogen bulbs.Owner feedback is mixedso if you have been used to 'full fat' Xenons and consider powerful headlights are a must, then check out theLED option

Cheers Spike
Cannot say I have looked recently but I thought the S-Line came with the LED headlights, I should check the config really

But cannot be bothered

·
Registered
630 Posts
Boxbrownie said:
Cannot say I have looked recently but I thought the S-Line came with the LED headlights, I should check the config really

But cannot be bothered
You're right. Only the SE now has the lower-power-but-still-better-than-halogen xenons.

·
Registered
5,413 Posts
Whoohoo....I am correct about something, can I get that in writing please?
I want to show Mrs BB

·
Registered
630 Posts
spike said:

Cheers Spike
The third reason for using them is that they run straight off the 12V. Don't the 'full fat' versions need a voltage convertor?

·
Registered
738 Posts
I would also include the luggage option (which gives you a power socket in the boot and the luggage nets, as the nets separately are a fortune afterwards and there isn't a retrofit for the boot power socket from Audi)
I'd also consider cruise, you can get it retrofitted, but the Q3 - IMO - lends itself to cruise nicely on motorways.
If you can afford it the pan roof is absolutely superb.....love it on mine
And another thumbs up for the LED lights (if you go for pan roof you get those (or have to spec them) anyway, but they are def very worthwhile.

·
Registered
1,815 Posts
Snapshot said:
spike said:

Cheers Spike
The third reason for using them is that they run straight off the 12V. Don't the 'full fat' versions need a voltage convertor?
Although they only have a direct12v supply, I'm sure they still use a Ballast to bump up the voltage which produces the 'arc' but it's incorporated into the base of the D5s bulb.It's certainly a neater system with noseparate Ballastsor the need substantial wiringbetween them and the bulb

Cheers Spike

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Whhhooohhhoooo!!!!!
finally put down the deposit earlier this afternoon!build forecast for September but I'm not in a particular hurry as will wait for the 66 plate now.although it will be an agonising wait
went for the led pack as you experts suggested added a fiver to the bill sweet Roll on September

·
Registered
738 Posts
Nice one - you won't regret the LED pack either, good call :)

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Patient wait now!!Has anyone used the services of a independent car detailer to prepare there car direct from their dealership rather than the in house staff?or have you been happy with the paint preparation from the dealership?I watch all the you tube vids on car detailing regarding paint defects swirls etc? and wonderd if this would be worthwhile?

·
Super Moderator
5,640 Posts
Frankly the new car prep. at Gromit's Retreat Audi is lousy. My brand new Q3's paintwork was hideously sworled - unfortunately I collected it in very poor light and had to immediately travel, so by the time I was able to examine it thoroughly it was a bit too late to complain.

·
Registered
2,700 Posts
Hi Railman at last things are moving along towards your new pride and joy in your last post you mentioned the level of pre delivery preparation from dealers the problem as always is they are never all the same good bad and brilliant unfortunately there have been one or two members who have had issues with the paint work there was from memory one particularly badly prepared car which had many issues with the standard of the paint when it came to collection from the dealer there is a thread on here somewhere! In my case I considered my cars pair work less that satisfactory but my whole hand over was unsatisfactory and therefore decided to sort the paint my self suffice to say I look with interest at any posts which discuss paint and I have to say the vast majority of members seem happy with there pre delivery preparation. I am sure all will be fine on your new car mine and a couple of others have been the exception.

·
Registered
158 Posts
When I picked mine up it was inside a room in the showroom under fluorescent lights which shows up ant blemish. Paint work was smooth with no marks. Having read a number of posts on the forum I checked all over plus the wheels. It was like a new car!! Guess it is all down to individual dealers.

1 - 20 of 38 Posts