Audi Q3 Owners Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello All.

My current drive is an A3 from 2008, so looking forward to ordering a Q3 anytime now.

This will be a company motor, so I have to wait for my leasing company to get their fingers out and send me the order forms, but I'm expecting them anytime now. My A3 is due for change in time for the new 12 plates, so if I can order in September, I may be OK for a delivery by then.

I saw a Q3 in the metal at M25 Audi in Watford and although it was not a production model (road show version), it was not far off the mark. It was a sort of cross between a SE and an S-Line, with quattro thrown on for good measure. It also had a lot of the optional extras thrown into the mix so you could get to see the different options.

The colour was wrong in that it was painted in Ibis White, not Amalfi or Glacier, but it still looked good in white anyway, so much so, its probably the colour I'll go for.

Also some of the panel gaps were a bit iffy and not at all what you would expect on an Audi, I just hope that this is not indicative of the quality out of the new Spanish plant. To be fair, the dealers had noticed this as well and were assuring everyone that it was because it was not a production model.

The HDD satnav kit takes up a bit of room in the spare wheel well and the boot floor is raised by about 3 inches to hide it all. There is still "cubby hole" space under the raised floor for other bits and bobs, but it does mean an overall reduction to the boot size.

Only other thing of note was that the load cover in the boot is not connected to the tailgate and so does not hinge up when you open it - it stays flat. As the boot lip is a bit higher than on saloons etc, this may restrict access into the boot without manually lifting out the load cover first. I don't know if this design is final and will be present in the production versions, but if it is, it may be a minor irritation for some.

Otherwise a nice vehicle - good sized passenger space and probably another Audi success story.

George

·
Registered
44 Posts
Ah that clears up a lot.

I was supposed to come and view that demo at Watford but we were on holiday when it was there. We now have to wait until next month to see it at Mayfair.

I was confused with the colour/spec of that car so it I guess it was just a one off so to speak and didnt follow the spec of the UK based cars.

Worrying to hear about the panel gaps! I'm sure we'd all be much happier if the Q3 was being built at Ingolstadt. Saying that I havent heard any major gripes about Seat build quality so hopefully there shouldnt be any issues.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
To be honest, most of the punters at Watford, probably did not notice things like panel gaps. I'm not being stuck up about this, probably just a bit 'nerdy' and picky that's all. But they were there, when I mentioned it to one of the sales guys, he knew it straight away, didn't try to hide anything.

Not a huge issue if it did not come out of serial production and to be honest my guess is that normal quality will be present on production versions.

·
Registered
264 Posts
hi I saw the Q3 at goodwood in clacier white it looked very nice with the privacy glass .just think its a bit mean of audi to expect you to pay £360 for privacy glass on a £30,000 car .I am looking to order a Q3 in early october . MY dealer has told me the delivery for ukk car has been put back from december until jan 2012 due to demand on the continent , anyone else heard that ????

1 - 4 of 4 Posts