Audi Q3 Owners Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Will Audi take any car in part exchange for a new car or only another Audi.

This will be the first time I've bought a new car so I'm a bit new to this

Thanks

·
Registered
94 Posts
Hi Alison. Audi will consider any car for part exchange.

Normally they ask it has 3 months MoT.

·
Registered
563 Posts
Hi AlisonYes Audi will take another make of car in part exchange, but from my experience don't expect a good price, I sold my previous car back to a Honda dealer for a £1000 more than Audi offered.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the very fast replies

I thought they must take other makes of cars in part exchange as if they didn't it would be harder to get new customers.

It's just that on their website they only advertise used Audis so I guess they must sell the other makes to other garages.

Anyway thanks again; this is a great forum with lots of helpful and knowledgeable people

·
Registered
11 Posts
Typically from what I understand most dealers sell to a wholesale broker for other makes, essentially they just are a middleman, which is why you don't typically get a good price.

·
Registered
563 Posts
My dealer told me thequote had been underwritten by a Honda dealer, I'm sure the Audi dealer would have been taking a cut.The funny thing is WeBuyAnyCar.com were offering even more than the dealer that I sold to, so Audi could have easily sold my car to them for a big profit.

·
Registered
94 Posts
Hi I tried WeBuyAnyCar.com and the way they worked was they offered me £5000 for my A3 online. Then they send out someone to value it which costs £75, then they are on commission for how much under the original quote they can get it for. The cheeky ****** offered my £3000.

Best way is to stick it on eBay or the likes and sell privately.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts