Audi Q3 Owners Forum banner

21 - 23 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
66 Posts
I have one one of these Diskloks which I used when I got my previous AMG and was paranoid about it getting stolen. I found it a faff to use and stopped eventually. It didn’t help that mine was difficult to unlock sometimes, seemed the key wouldn’t go all the way in and turn so I was stuck with it locked on. Always managed to get it unlocked eventually but not a good feeling.
ok, you convinced me not to buy it, as it will bother me after 3 days of use... :D

The dealership said there is the Audi fitted alarm and immobiliser, so I suppose it's good enough, no ? I have no idea what category it is and how it works, though...

·
Registered
32 Posts
ok, you convinced me not to buy it, as it will bother me after 3 days of use... :D

The dealership said there is the Audi fitted alarm and immobiliser, so I suppose it's good enough, no ? I have no idea what category it is and how it works, though...
I bought mine as an additional deterrent really, My car is parked on our drive overnight and I thought the lock might stop someone breaking in to get the keys to take my AMG which was a new model so rare and eye-catching when I got it. Disklok is good in principal but I found it a bit unwieldy to use and store when not using it. It’s now sat in the garage and I’m wondering if I should start using it again...

·
Registered
251 Posts
I bought mine as an additional deterrent really, My car is parked on our drive overnight and I thought the lock might stop someone breaking in to get the keys to take my AMG which was a new model so rare and eye-catching when I got it. Disklok is good in principal but I found it a bit unwieldy to use and store when not using it. It’s now sat in the garage and I’m wondering if I should start using it again...
If I had a 'lok I would use it, its not half the hassle as a stolen car. Admittedly they can be a bit clumsy to attach and detach, storage for me is the floor in the back. I too had a difficult key operation, just swapped it at Halfrauds where I bought it, no problem. I will be buying another 'lok when the new Golf 8 R arrives in June, and both cars are garaged, the Roomster lives outside with the keys in. ;)

Mike

21 - 23 of 23 Posts