Audi Q3 Owners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone, thought I’d introduce myself as I am now the extremely proud owner of a pre-fl Sepang blue RSQ3 which i picked up on Friday! Firstly just to say thanks to all the contributors on this site for the masses of useful info that really helped me out when trying to find the right example, right down to negotiating over the front discs. These cars are getting snapped up so quickly and I had just missed out on another blue one at Audi a few weeks back.
So the spec is: Sepang Blue, Bose with interior light package and black leather with rock grey stitching, the 20” 5 twin spoke V design alloys and black RS callipers. Would have liked the sunroof and FL, but felt these weren’t worth the extra I would have to spend nor time to wait until one came up for sale.
First impressions are wow, wow and more wow, I love this car! Had a 100+ mile drive home and aside from the range anxiety before i could find a petrol station, everything about this car brought a smile to my face. The colour is sensational and really comes to life in the sun, the reassuring rumble of the 5 pot engine as you turn the key and the performance is superb when needed. Having come from a 2.0 TT, I wasn’t blown away initially as much as I thought I would be for an RS model, but it is plenty quick enough for my needs and to retain my license! With a bit of fettling with the Bose settings, it sounds way better than the Bose in the TT and the interior lighting pack is really cool at night, especially the speaker rings and drinks holders glowing!
Thanks to the info shared here I’ve already ordered some redstuff pads to use on the front as there is a small lip on the discs and the Haldex is due so I want that done for peace of mind and will probably get the brake fluid and spark plugs changed at the same time. Can anyone point me to a link for the right spark plugs please?
Anyway, here is a quick pic, apologies I haven’t had time to clean and polish it yet since it got filthy on the drive home!

·
Super Moderator
2,564 Posts
Welcome aboard - that looks fabulous!

The RSQ3 performance delivery bit takes a bit of getting used to - driven normally it's adequately rapid, try a teeny-weeny bit harder and the crazy personality appears, there is just a single turbo so it needs a moment to get into its stride... its old-skool, nothing...nothing...whoosh!

Well done on the Redstuffs...no brainer really.

I've only ever had the genuine Audi spark plugs in mine - made by Beru. Send Tom Fox @ Crewe Audi an Email - [email protected] he does Club members a great deal on parts - prices quoted include delivery.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Will message Tom for those - thanks John!
My only other bug so far is the sat nav unit is quite clunky and low res, but may look into the aftermarket solution for car play.
Other than that, what a car! Can see me keeping this car for quite some time 😀

·
Registered
2016 RSQ3 Exclusive Java green.
240 Posts
Welcome to the club, there is a definite trend towards the RSQ3's at the moment with enthusiasts.
I've only been active on here for 6 months and the number of new RSQ3 owners appearing seems almost daily.
Looks great and you do need to explore the second half of the loud pedal!
I'm keeping mine for the foreseeable too!

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Haha thanks Ju! Yes I definitely need to give it some beans and I haven’t even touched dynamic mode yet, whatever that does!

·
Super Moderator
2,564 Posts
Dynamic most noticeably makes the steering heavier - I liked it that way. Passengers tend not to provide positive feedback when the Shift Lever is in S (for Scamper) mode.

·
Super Moderator
6,026 Posts
That is one beautiful looking beastie! Nice find, enjoy it (I know you will!).

Reactions: SepangRSQ3

·
Registered
112 Posts
Very nice,though I am biased 🤣 Spotted the Disklok.....very wise 👍🏻

·
Super Moderator
2,564 Posts
There's 'Auto'...would you like an unpredictable surprise sir? It's properly frightening in the F3....I just want to accelerate gently and the car decides, seemingly randomly, that I want the full 400Ps/480Nm now... :mad:, the 8U in Auto mode is hardly any better...best avoided...go with Dynamic in Drive Select.

·
Registered
RSQ3 Performance Dec 66 plate,
58 Posts
John, I mainly drive mine in sport and dynamic mode it suits me great 420 bhp and 535 nm gets from A to B very well.

·
Registered
90 Posts
John, I mainly drive mine in sport and dynamic mode it suits me great 420 bhp and 535 nm gets from A to B very well.
You must have some nice roads where you live to open the taps mate to stay in sport mode all day... I find the gearing a bit annoying on shifting up/down if your stuck in traffic, which working in and around Manchester happens a lot 😔

·
Registered
RSQ3 Performance Dec 66 plate,
58 Posts
Hi Spike, i drive my vans all week , any chance i get to get out its York to Whitby , Sutton Bank, Thirsk, All on Business of course.

·
Registered
66 Posts
Beautiful color ! Congrats ! Another RS ! 😊
Is this an RS forum or what ? 😜

I’d love to see how the disklok looks from the inside. Is it convenient to use ? (I’m looking into security systems for my soon to be Q3. 😉)

·
Registered
2014 RSQ3 Sepang blue.
49 Posts
Beautiful color ! Congrats ! Another RS ! 😊
Is this an RS forum or what ? 😜

I’d love to see how the disklok looks from the inside. Is it convenient to use ? (I’m looking into security systems for my soon to be Q3. 😉)
I've got one on my car, doesn't get in the way at all, when not in use sits nicely in the footwell behind my seat. I also use a draw string bag to protect the steering wheel whilst it's on ;-)

·
Registered
251 Posts
I use one too, even although the car is parked in a locked brick garage. If you do decide to acquire a 'lok, there is a smart little black elasticated glove that is available to around the wheel, its meant to prevent the 'lok marking the leather wheel.

Mike

·
Registered
66 Posts
Thank you guys ! It’s really helpful. It doesn’t look as bad as imagined, honestly. I’m seriously considering it. Where is the best place to purchase it ? Amazon ? Or maybe there is a website to the official brand ?

·
Registered
251 Posts
I found local Halfrauds competitively priced; I had to return the original 'lok as it was becoming more difficult to unlock, imagine the problems that would create !

Mike

·
Registered
32 Posts
I found local Halfrauds competitively priced; I had to return the original 'lok as it was becoming more difficult to unlock, imagine the problems that would create !

Mike
I have one one of these Diskloks which I used when I got my previous AMG and was paranoid about it getting stolen. I found it a faff to use and stopped eventually. It didn’t help that mine was difficult to unlock sometimes, seemed the key wouldn’t go all the way in and turn so I was stuck with it locked on. Always managed to get it unlocked eventually but not a good feeling.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts