Audi Q3 Owners Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Whilst searching for a rattle in my boot lid/tailgate, I found this scratch in the boot trim.
I am pretty certain that I wouldn't have spotted it for ages, but for studying the boot trying to find the source of the rattle!

When I showed it to the dealership I had to chuckle, as they did the same as I had done upon discovering the scratch, licked their finger and rubbed the mark.
As it isn't a mark, but a deep scratch, it didn't disappear

Booked in for tomorrow afternoon, for new trim to be fitted.

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
This trim was replaced today

However, another piece of trim now needs replacing.
Not sure whether Audi found something broken, or broke something getting at this

Yet again I have a courtesy car - 13 plate Q3 SE in Glacier White.

·
Super Moderator
6,034 Posts
Y'know, I'm beginning to worry about your local Audi dealer...

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Gromit said:
Y'know, I'm beginning to worry about your local Audi dealer... 
Unfortunately my next nearest one is 2.5 hours drive away!
A friend who used them got a free scratch and dent during a service
Edited by: Black Pudding

·
Super Moderator
6,034 Posts
I know the feeling. When my Jaguar went in for its first service seven years ago they donated a free bumper scuff. I prevented the problem happening again by offering their service manager a free kick in the scrotum. They've been fine ever since - funny, that...

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Gromit said:
I prevented the problem happening again by offering their service manager a free kick in the scrotum.  They've been fine ever since - funny, that... 
Lol, genius

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
The replacement part was shipped overnight by priority mail, allowing it to be fitted. Then got the dealers to return my car to me at home - just in time to tow our caravan to Grantown-On-Spey.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts