Audi Q3 Owners Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi guys
ill start by saying sorry for not being an active member of the forum in a while, I've been a very busy boy.
my first question is... ive seen allot of cruise control stalks on ebay saying compatible with A1 and Q3, but they all have different part numbers. do i need a part number specific stalk that correlates with my non cruise control stalk or will they all be compatible once coded? they all look identical.
2nd question is there more than one way to enable cruise control in vcds or do i need to perform both steps. what i mean is explained below
it seems that you can either change the coding from the engine (1) ----> coding------> long coding helper-----> tick byte 5 bit 4 ( which effectively adds 20 to the orginial value in byte 5) i have 15 in byte 5 so will be changed to 35
then go into steering wheel (16) ----> coding-----> long coding helper----> change byte 2 from 00 to 20

and the other way seems to be going into engine ----> login-----> enter code 11463 ( enable cruise control)
this way i am assuming does all the coding changes for you?
i am wondering if anyone knows about this 2nd way i have explained as it seems easier, i am not afraid of long coding but would be good to know if one of you can tell me this method effectively does it all for you.

i am planning on ordering my cruise control stalk as soon as some of you wonderful people can give me the confidence with which one to order, i say this because the price range is anywhere from 80 to 200+ pounds and if i can order the cheaper one because the part number is irrelevant that would be nice
fyi i have a multi-function steering wheel and squib is compatible with cruise control. thanks

·
Registered
393 Posts
To make Cruise control automatically, you need to do SVM Coding insert using ODIS with code 050050, that way you register cruise control for your VIN on ERWIN so that everytime dealer makes an SVM coding check, you won't have to code car again, but dealer can do it and some members online and remotely.

The other and only way is the coding are you correctly state.

You can buy any stalk that fits A1/Q3, and you can use your factory steering module, it can be easily disassembled and seperated from your factory stalk to install to Cruise control stalk, it's fitted using clips

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks kostas, do i have to do the engine / login code / 11463 and the coding changes or just one or the other?

·
Registered
1,846 Posts
The cruise stalk (option code 8T2) comes as part of an assembly under part number 8X0 953 502B (also rev C,F and G) They are listed for 2012 - 2015 models
Item No 1 here - steering column lock; steering lock; ignition/star... Audi Q3 (AQ3) 2014 year Audi EUROPA 905070
Without a bit of trial and error it's difficult to know if the individual cruise stalk from other Audi models could be added to your existing stalk assembly so I'd say it's safer to buy the correct part number which does seem to be unique to A1 and Q3 models.

Cheers Spike

Reactions: ARNEEE

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
cheers Spike ive got a stalk assembly coming tomorrow so we shall see if it works. the part number from the one i got is 8x0 953 521D so not promising but we shall see

·
Registered
1,846 Posts
cheers Spike ive got a stalk assembly coming tomorrow so we shall see if it works. the part number from the one i got is 8x0 953 521D so not promising but we shall see
Oops, I linked the wrong page, should have been this one -

If I'm reading it right, it's not good news. No 8T2 option listed for the rev D stalks so it may not have cruise

Cheers Spike

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
just realised the part number is actually the one you stated being 8X0 953 502B. so thats a relief. im fitting it and coding tomorrow so ill keep you updated on its progress. thanks for all your help

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
i got the cruise control done this evening, took me all of 30 minutes to complete. probably because the amount of time ive spent removing the steering wheel and steering control module when it had intermittent problems. very happy with the extra feature. thank you both for your help.

·
Registered
1,846 Posts
i got the cruise control done this evening, took me all of 30 minutes to complete. probably because the amount of time ive spent removing the steering wheel and steering control module when it had intermittent problems. very happy with the extra feature. thank you both for your help.
Well done
How did the coding go - did you use the long coding helper or just enter the 11463 code

Cheers Spike

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #10 (Edited)
i ended up going straight into the long coding and just changed the values manually as for some reason the helper wasn't showing up what to do and the login code wasn't working either for some reason.
Old Codes--------------------------------------------------------New Codes
Engine: 00:19:00:12:04:15:01:08:00:00 ----Changed to ----- 00:19:00:12:04:35:01:08:00:00
Steering column electrics: 10:84:00:40:00 ----- Changed to ---- 10:84:20:40:00

really happy with it and now im looking for other things to tinker with, thinking about auto* hold assist but cannot source the coding at the moment!

·
Registered
1,846 Posts
Hi ARNEEE
Hill hold coding was covered here -
Main 'watchout' is the switch part number suffix changed on FL cars (2015?)

Cheers Spike

·
Registered
393 Posts
Sorry, but I was away for a while. But I see you have made the mod, if you have a key and not keyless, check if you steering wheels locks after you remove the key, just a check

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Hi
Sorry, but I was away for a while. But I see you have made the mod, if you have a key and not keyless, check if you steering wheels locks after you remove the key, just a check
Hi Kostas, it is keyed and yes the steering lock still seems to be working. Out of curiosity, why would in some cases the steering lock not work after installing a new stalk? Cheers

·
Registered
393 Posts
Because sometimes people buy and install the steering column form a Kessless entry car and lock doesn't work when removing the key, car think there is no key (as keyless). Didn't know myself, but a friend told me that tip

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Hi ARNEEE
Hill hold coding was covered here -
Main 'watchout' is the switch part number suffix changed on FL cars (2015?)

Cheers Spike
This helped allot, got my hill hold assist button today fitted and coded. Coding for the pre fl was easy just had to change the last digit in 53 parking brake from a 6 to a 7, although i thought it wasnt working for a good half hour i realised this was only because you need your seatbelt on for it to work ?‍♂

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
No green lamp indicator :( would be a nice feature, is it possible with vcds or vcp?

1 - 19 of 19 Posts